+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Save Democracy Petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Save Democracy Petition

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think he was saying he mirrored the path of his predecessor.
    I feel like something is going right over my head..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Enlightenment?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Ok. I'll try this a bit slower. Theresa May became Prime Minister when Cameron stepped aside and the Johnson/Gove alliance collapsed within a week of the 2016 vote. She sought to legitimise her Premiership with a snap election and The Prime Minister of the UK was democratically voted in by the people of the UK.

Her attempts to deliver a Brexit outcome came to nought. Ultimately she was thwarted by about 50 politicians in the ERG and a few in her Cabinet, most notably, Boris Johnson who resigned and helped force her out.

This led to Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister, democratically voted in by the people of the UK, with a huge majority. Apparently because of 50 politicians, most of whom gave him a standing ovation in the Commons yesterday, he was undemocratically ousted and needs to be reinstated.

Any help you need on 12 years of stability and strong government rather than the chaos that could have ensued, feel free to ask!

Ok. I'll try this a bit slower. Theresa May became Prime Minister when Cameron stepped aside and the Johnson/Gove alliance collapsed within a week of the 2016 vote. She sought to legitimise her Premiership with a snap election and The Prime Minister of the UK was democratically voted in by the people of the UK.

Her attempts to deliver a Brexit outcome came to nought. Ultimately she was thwarted by about 50 politicians in the ERG and a few in her Cabinet, most notably, Boris Johnson who resigned and helped force her out.

This led to Boris Johnson becoming Prime Minister, democratically voted in by the people of the UK, with a huge majority. Apparently because of 50 politicians, most of whom gave him a standing ovation in the Commons yesterday, he was undemocratically ousted and needs to be reinstated.

Any help you need on 12 years of stability and strong government rather than the chaos that could have ensued, feel free to ask!
    All correct of but I’d also throw in this https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/23/boris...6-us-10443584/ - none of us voted for Boris Johnson.

Has worked both ways historically of course, Labour and Tory, and there’s no denying The Tories were democratically elected, but if the OP says that Johnson was voted in by the British public it’s just plain wrong

Okay, yes, well all true..

But the reason he was prime minister in 2021 is because he was head of the party that won the General Election in 2019. It read as if Delmbox had forgotten about the 2019 election, which I know a man of his calibre and access to wikipedia would never do!

On the wider topic, we don't have a presidential election, we elect MP's to represent us, who form parties and the most MP's in any party form a government which has a leader. It's imperfect I guess and perhaps not how many people think in practice, but yeah, only the people of Uxbridge elected Boris Johnson.

In these circumstances, I'd probably rather MP's choose a new leader, rather than a party membership, but so be it.