+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Palestine Israel

Re: Palestine Israel

The point is well made.

Conference probably agrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I didn't ask those questions. I asked specifically about Moses. Not that your two replies above can be considered evidence of anything, of course. When asked to produce or refer to evidence you can't simply state there is some.
    You DID ask about proof of Bible history (1), so are you here to actully look at facts or do you just want to be disagreeable? I'm asking because I don't have time to waste with someone who has placed a cushion over their eyes and turned the volume up on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    You DID ask about proof of Bible history (1), so are you here to actully look at facts or do you just want to be disagreeable? I'm asking because I don't have time to waste with someone who has placed a cushion over their eyes and turned the volume up on the tv.
    I don't think I have been disagreeable in the least. My question was:

"What evidence is there of the existence of Moses and of the veracity of the stories, including the creation story, that have been attributed to him?"

It is ironic that someone who believes in God, heaven, miracles , an all powerful being and someone who allows kids in Africa to starve to death whilst allowing the likes of adolf Hitler to exist ........thinks someone else who wants proof about all this nonsense is the one who is blind , deaf and ignorant . To be ignorant you need to be presented with facts .....so where is the evidence that god , in this present moment , exists and has done in the past ?

Surely he would have left lots of signs ?

Maybe a letter or a photo taken from one of his mates mobile phones ?

Surely God, being so wise , knows how to pose for a picture ?

That would be proof and we could all stop arguing?

Ok, you were asking questions last week relating to how can we know that the Bible is what it claims to be, which is a set of books that is inpired by an Almighty Being from outside our time and space?

Many tests could be done, so are you happy if we look at:

(1) History (that we CAN verify elsewhere) and

(2) foreknowledge/ prophecy recorded in the Bible that someone would only have if they were outside our time & space?
    So are you agreeing with Erik Von Danniken that “God was an astronaut” ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    So are you agreeing with Erik Von Danniken that “God was an astronaut” ?
    and somehow that is more likely than complex life evolving from naturally occurring simple chemical reactions.

even though there still needs to be some explanation for where this "astronaut "comes from as well

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    Aren't all countries an idea?

As for Israel, the Jews beliefe it to be their homeland, so I guess Australia was a non starter
    Jesus was a Jew, born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Jesus was a Jew, born of a Jewish mother, in Galilee, a Jewish part of the world
    But what nationality was his father because if we believe the Bible it definitely wasn't Jo!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The point is well made.

Conference probably agrees.
    No smileys on my phone but I like it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But what nationality was his father because if we believe the Bible it definitely wasn't Jo!!
    The legal concept of nationality is a modern concept, of course.

Truthppaste perfectly encapsulates the crazies from the greater Israel bunch of tossers. A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth. Most of what became Israel was built on empty land, huge amounts of the arabs in the area were wildly anti semitic and thought they'd try killing them rather than live next to them.

The settlement movement and their political lackeys have caused a very disproportionate amount of harm and hardship. I'd like to see some pressure brought on Israel to pull them into line. But the reason that there's not more outcry about the settlers amongst the general Israeli population is quite simple. They are fully aware of a fact that many here, especially on the left are unwilling to admit. That fundamental truth is that there is no difference between settlers and residents of tel aviv in the eyes of a lot of Palestinians and residents of surrounding countries. They're all just Jews to them, and they'd happily see them all wiped out for that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Truthppaste perfectly encapsulates the crazies from the greater Israel bunch of tossers. A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth. Most of what became Israel was built on empty land, huge amounts of the arabs in the area were wildly anti semitic and thought they'd try killing them rather than live next to them.

The settlement movement and their political lackeys have caused a very disproportionate amount of harm and hardship. I'd like to see some pressure brought on Israel to pull them into line. But the reason that there's not more outcry about the settlers amongst the general Israeli population is quite simple. They are fully aware of a fact that many here, especially on the left are unwilling to admit. That fundamental truth is that there is no difference between settlers and residents of tel aviv in the eyes of a lot of Palestinians and residents of surrounding countries. They're all just Jews to them, and they'd happily see them all wiped out for that fact.
    Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

"A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"

Apart from throwing out the expected insults, you don't appear to have decided who is to blame?

"A mindset that would see innocent Palestinians chucked out of their homes because of what a book says.
    The idea that the Palestinian side are angels though is becoming a very dangerous and pervasive myth"
    Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side

God , the Bible , the Koran and America

International

The legal concept of nationality is a modern concept, of course.
    Being born or conceived a bastard isn't!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Being born or conceived a bastard isn't!!
    that's a bit harsh on TBG

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    that's a bit harsh on TBG

😉

Don't appear to have decided who to blame? I think that both sides have some elements who cause problems. There are also many, many good people on both sides who would just like to live in peace. It's a complicated situation, not as simple as attaching blame to one side and hero status to the other side
    So why throw the insult when I didn't pour any blame on one side either, I simply pointed out that the title deeds originally belonged to the children of Abraham.

Nobody here is attaching hero status to any side, and as for a solution, the Bible does predict that in any era, man himself will not be able to solve it himself.

In the meantime it has been interesting to note what recent history has recorded re the Jews:-

'Some people like the Jews, and some do not. But no thoughtful man can deny the fact that they are, beyond any question, the most formidable and the most remarkable race which has appeared in the world'- Winston Churchill.

"I will insist the Hebrews have [contributed] more to civilize men than any other nation. If I was an atheist and believed in blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations... They are the most glorious nation that ever inhabited this Earth. The Romans and their empire were but a bubble in comparison to the Jews" - John Adams - 2nd US President.

So why throw the insult when I didn't pour any blame on one side either, I simply pointed out that the title deeds originally belonged to the children of Abraham.
    Because you appear to believe that Jews should have all the land of eretz Israel based on your belief in religious texts. I personally think that's a dangerous view, it's a view that is shared by radical settlers who cause many problems. Arab/Islamic media and a fairly chunky proportion of Muslims also like to pretend that it's the goal of all israelis and Jews to take the whole land of Israel. This religious lunacy from a minority on both sides, coupled with rampant anti senitism in a large majority of the Arab populations, is the root cause of most of the issues.

What worries me, is that many people who are generally moderate, are now starting to get sucked in by this idea that all of Israel is a problem and stolen, rather than just the settlements. When people like you start pumping out the idea that Israel is 'entitled ' to all the land, you just help to firm up their opinions

Because you appear to believe that Jews should have all the land of eretz Israel based on your belief in religious texts. I personally think that's a dangerous view, it's a view that is shared by radical settlers who cause many problems. Arab/Islamic media and a fairly chunky proportion of Muslims also like to pretend that it's the goal of all israelis and Jews to take the whole land of Israel. This religious lunacy from a minority on both sides, coupled with rampant anti senitism in a large majority of the Arab populations, is the root cause of most of the issues.

What worries me, is that many people who are generally moderate, are now starting to get sucked in by this idea that all of Israel is a problem and stolen, rather than just the settlements. When people like you start pumping out the idea that Israel is 'entitled ' to all the land, you just help to firm up their opinions
    An opinion on it's own is no more valid than that of any individual, Arab, Jew, yours or mine.
    What does matter is the title deed.
    If someone is squatting in your home, then you don't employ your opinion, that of your neighbours, the Lord Mayor or even the Pope; you deal in facts.
    If you'd like to prove that the title deed and authority of Scripture is invalid then do your best - however your OPINION alone isn't going to cut it.

An opinion on it's own is no more valid than that of any individual, Arab, Jew, yours or mine.
    What does matter is the title deed.
    If someone is squatting in your home, then you don't employ your opinion, that of your neighbours, the Lord Mayor or even the Pope; you deal in facts.
    If you'd like to prove that the title deed and authority of Scripture is invalid then do your best - however your OPINION alone isn't going to cut it.
    Luckily for the state of Israel , the IDF is stronger than any nonsense belief in bible/talmud scriptures or the Koran. I do feel desperately sorry for the Palestinians caught up in the aggression of the small minority of loons on the political and religious extreme of Israeli society. As I feel sorry for the thousands of Israeli Jews who have suffered Palestinian terrorism.

Friends like you do Israel as much harm as its enemies

Luckily for the state of Israel , the IDF is stronger than any nonsense belief in bible/talmud scriptures or the Koran. I do feel desperately sorry for the Palestinians caught up in the aggression of the small minority of loons on the political and religious extreme of Israeli society. As I feel sorry for the thousands of Israeli Jews who have suffered Palestinian terrorism.

Friends like you do Israel as much harm as its enemies
    I see, so because I claim to have a relationship with the same God that gave Israel a set of promises around 4000 years ago and I am saying that eventually things will be put right, I am somehow a trouble maker?
    I also feel sorry for the individuals caught up in religious hatred, and I am NOT a supporter of Religion as the thread ("Is violence to genuine football fans what religion is to...") I started a few weeks ago makes perfectly clear.
    Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.

Unfortunately it is people like you that hate those who they see to be religious, as they put all such people in the same basket, I hope at some point you will appreciate the difference.
    A 'basket case' objecting to baskets?

This thread has exceeded all expectations.

I think you even typed 'title deed' with a straight face!