+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy??

Josh Murphy??

Not ripping into the first team ??

Unlike Gregg Cunningham whose delivering .

Re: Josh Murphy??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Just 5 substitute appearances for him at Preston. For us in the League he started 50 games and has made 38 from the bench in a possible 130 games. Of his 50 starts he has been taken off 38 times!! So maybe no surprise there.

He doesn’t seem to have pushed on.

I’d still welcome him as an option on our bench mind

Hasn't he only recently come back from injury?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hasn't he only recently come back from injury?
    Again , there's a lot of players like him ,loves the treatment table, made some fame to earn upper quartile Championship wages and then it stops .

Think he had enough game time at City to show some more consistent displays as per say Hoilet .

He was on Preston's bench yesterday , if your 3-2 down in the 74th , surely your looking for an impact player which he alledgly is ! So why not put him on for last 16 ?

If he's unfit don't have him in the squad .

11 million we paid dear god what an fabulous agent he has and ehat a stupid club we are , Preston are the latest fools..

Again , there's a lot of players like him ,loves the treatment table, made some fame to earn upper quartile Championship wages and then it stops .

Think he had enough game time at City to show some more consistent displays as per say Hoilet .

He was on Preston's bench yesterday , if your 3-2 down in the 74th , surely your looking for an impact player which he alledgly is ! So why not put him on for last 16 ?

If he's unfit don't have him in the squad .

11 million we paid dear god what an fabulous agent he has and ehat a stupid club we are , Preston are the latest fools..
    Well spotted and couldn't agree more.
    Preston obviously took a punt based on past "glories" and not form in the hope his face just didn't fit with us.
    Apart from one or two performances for us Murphy was useless, a wasted pick.

He was a lazy one trick pony and any mediocre opposing defender doing their homework on him would have him sussed.
    I wouldn't want him anywhere near our squad, even now.

Eleven million pence would be too much!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Preston obviously took a punt based on past "glories" and not form in the hope his face just didn't fit with us.

He was a lazy one trick pony and any mediocre opposing defender doing their homework on him would have him sussed.

Preston didn't take a punt on past glories - it was more likely the 11m price tag, that suggests he has to have something about him, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He's mentally and physically weak.

I’m sick of defending him

I really really wanted him to succeed and was hopeful we’d try him through the middle but his lack of effort is something that cannot be excused.

He has all the raw abilities to make it higher than the championship but actually watching him leaves you frustrated. Walking back when defending, not passing to people open, not showing for the ball. Blows hot and cold too on the attacking front and more often cold.

He’s someone a team has to carry and in a team like ours it just isn’t acceptable. If he was consistently good maybe we could have given him a free role but he just doesn’t do it anywhere near enough

Shame.

I think Bacuna may be worse than him.

That doesn't mean he is any good.

Murphy is not a great player. He merely cost a lot. He is incredibly frustrating as he loses possession unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He's mentally and physically weak.
    I’ve played with more talented people on a Sunday am

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’ve played with more talented people on a Sunday am
    Says a lot about our squad that he would be a huge asset on the bench .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Preston didn't take a punt on past glories - it was more likely the 11m price tag, that suggests he has to have something about him, surely?
    In "glories" I would include price tag.
    In fact I am unaware of any rationale behind the tag and if there had been any past glories at all.
    His twin wasn't bad though was he

It suggests to me that the idiots who sanctioned the payment were well and truly duped.

I heard that the lad has been suffering from depression. :(

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I heard that the lad has been suffering from depression. :(
    The new bad back

He said he wasn’t ‘match fit’ when he went there, which was bizarre in itself. Now many weeks on he’s still hardly being used.

Another frustrating one, he’s definitely got talent, and pace, but just seems really fragile mentally and a bit soft physically.

85 appearances for Norwich and 11 goals - they loaned him out as well.
    I can only think that his handfull of U18/19/20 England caps got him the price tag.

The new bad back
    Arsehole

My issue with the club's transfer policy isn't letting Murphy go (or Whyte, Junior, NML or loanees Wilson and Ojo). And now Tomlin.

My issue is them not bringing in some pace and creativity to replace them.

Look at some of the free transfers available in the summer and we should have been able to pick up a few players that offer something more going forward.

We did sign 4 players though and I have no issues with McGuiness. But we didn't need Wintle as we are well stocked in that area with Ralls, pack and Vaulks and even Bowen and Patten etc

In Collins we are paying high wages to an older championship player who would have, by all accounts, been a bench player even at Luton.

The reason I think the transfer window was so poor was because 1) the board tightened their purse strings, 2) Mick doubled down on a system that worked okish for him previously.. Defense .. long balls .. set pieces. So he didn't want to add pace or creativity... Which I find shocking.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we had a rock solid defence that meant we could scape a load of 1-0s , but we are also getting hammered at the back

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    It wouldn’t be so bad if we had a rock solid defence that meant we could scape a load of 1-0s , but we are also getting hammered at the back
    The frustrating thing is as performances and then results started to plummet, Mick would double down and increase the amount of defensive players and defensive play hoping we would stop conceding... where we actually started conceding more and more. It was a vicious circle.

We could all see the team had no creativity, pace or outlet for the defence and yet Mick, despite everyone pointing to how experienced he is, did the opposite. When forced, finally, to pick a little bit more of an ambitious side against Reading, we did look much better despite the loss.

However, the general worry with Mick is that he doesn't, at Cardiff anyway, seem to put ANY stock in creativity, pace, passing and flair - and our squad reflects that.

I have never disliked a manager as much as Mick.