+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's happening....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I mean, he's trying to set up something on his own and has split from VFTN, so this is spectacularly bad timing on his part. I'd love to know what he was told and by who.
    I imagine he was told it was close to happening, I really doubt what that Romano said is at all true, he's just regurgitating other reports, he definitely wouldn't know more than the likes of Abbandonato who are actually there talking to people. There were enough different people who would have sources at the club saying the same thing to suggest it was close to happening at some point. There were also enough people not connected with the club who were publicly pushing for it to happen to suggest it may have been close as well.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I imagine he was told it was close to happening, I really doubt what that Romano said is at all true, he's just regurgitating other reports, he definitely wouldn't know more than the likes of Abbandonato who are actually there talking to people. There were enough different people who would have sources at the club saying the same thing to suggest it was close to happening at some point. There were also enough people not connected with the club who were publicly pushing for it to happen to suggest it may have been close as well.
    Daf Pritchard saying FAW wanted him to stay closer, so perhaps that had some bearing on it. Oh well. He’s going to get some absolute hammer

Daf Pritchard saying FAW wanted him to stay closer, so perhaps that had some bearing on it. Oh well. He’s going to get some absolute hammer
    Couldn't have gone much further away from Cardiff could he?

A quick loan move to Melbourne to really piss off the FAW?

I should imagine that Rob Page would have liked Bale to stay close. He's obviously the leader. He has the most experience. I really thought this whole thing was more about Wales and the World Cup. And now Bale will be over 5000 miles away with an 8-hour time difference. It makes communication more difficult. I have to say I'm very disappointed.