+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Digital ticket Barnsley

Re: Digital ticket Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    As I said above, unless counting for human error I can't see how there would be any issues when ALL you have to do is scan a barcode (same as paper ticket or card people will be familiar with it) or tap the NFC like using contactless payment (people will be familiar with)
    I can imagine BlueTit in London or Singapore, looking everywhere for the conductor as another train pulls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    They are open. As can be seen by the fact tickets are being sold and bought. They have also been hit hard by covid. Why employ a team in a ticket office that could, at any moment, become inactive because the pandemic has taken a turn for the worse?

The majority of people have been buying tickets online/remotely for years anyway. It's only Mr and Mrs Triceratops of 4 Bedrock Avenue who need to do this physically and in person.

It's the way things are heading. It's a cheaper and more effective way to handle things. It is completely crazy to employ people who are sat doing very little for all bar the odd big game.
    ‘Crazy to employ people’. What a shocking statement!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Excellent.

So taking away human error, the system shouldn't really have any hold ups and won't see a backlog of queues like its been suggested by some technophobes.
    Human error will be the problem. People not getting their phones ready and thereby getting to the turnstile and then trying to log in to their CCFC account to get the barcode/digital pass.

Once you get used to it it's great. I have my Barnsley and Sutton tickets downloaded ready for the games. I've had to speak to the ticket office for paper tickets to be sent out to family members who don't have the tech to do it via mobile, but (after waiting for an hour for them to answer) they were very helpful and said the tickets would be posted today.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I can see mayhem on Saturday, at the turnstiles
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE

I can imagine BlueTit in London or Singapore, looking everywhere for the conductor as another train pulls off.

Little story

About 4 years ago, we were playing Fulham away, on a Saturday. Our coaches stopped at out usual haunt, just outside London

Now a husband & wife, wanted to meet friends in London, so they decided to catch the bus in, as it was only a short journey.
    I might add that the husband works in IT and the wife is a tax inspector.

Now they waited about 20 minutes, bus turns up, they get on.

It's "cashless", not a problem for these young forward going people, she takes her card out, "two to Fulham" she says confidently.

"Sorry love", says the driver, "I can take for you, but hubby will have to use his own card"

"What's the solution" they say, the driver says "go over that shop and buy two PAPER TICKETS"

You couldn't make it up, straight out of a Peter Kay comedy !!!!!!

If that's the future, you're welcome to it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That's these "forward looking people" for you Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Human error will be the problem. People not getting their phones ready and thereby getting to the turnstile and then trying to log in to their CCFC account to get the barcode/digital pass.

Once you get used to it it's great. I have my Barnsley and Sutton tickets downloaded ready for the games. I've had to speak to the ticket office for paper tickets to be sent out to family members who don't have the tech to do it via mobile, but (after waiting for an hour for them to answer) they were very helpful and said the tickets would be posted today.

Same here "BOSS"

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In all honesty, how employed are people in the ticket office? I used to go in occasionally and they'd be sat around looking bored. The club is skint, it has to look at cost effective ways of doing things surely?

Little story

About 4 years ago, we were playing Fulham away, on a Saturday. Our coaches stopped at out usual haunt, just outside London

Now a husband & wife, wanted to meet friends in London, so they decided to catch the bus in, as it was only a short journey.

It's "cashless", not a problem for these young forward going people, she takes her card out, "two to Fulham" she says confidently.

"Sorry love", says the driver, "I can take for you, but hubby will have to use his own card"

"What's the solution" they say, the driver says "go over that shop and buy two PAPER TICKETS"

Assuming that is true, and it isn't, why didn't these "forward thinking" people just use the same card twice. It isn't true because I paid for 6 of us a few times on buses in London. I'm afraid these people were either stringing you along or were just too dull.

Little story

he didn't have his own bank card?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    he didn't have his own bank card?
    He didn't need to. Also, getting on a London bus and asking for "2 to Fulham". Brilliant story, but utter nonsense.

Any season ticket holders received their text / email link for their Barnsley ticket yet?

Nothing yet.
    Not sure why they choose to leave it so late?

He didn't need to. Also, getting on a London bus and asking for "2 to Fulham". Brilliant story, but utter nonsense.
    What would they say then "two to Brighton"

I am a lot of things, but one thing I am not is a liar

In all honesty, how employed are people in the ticket office? I used to go in occasionally and they'd be sat around looking bored. The club is skint, it has to look at cost effective ways of doing things surely?
    The club is most definitely not skint. They're just not doing the right thing - which is to have opened the ticket office. fully staffed, as soon as they knew they could fill the stadium on Saturday. A supporter should be able able to go and buy a ticket, with cash, if they want, and the club, being a business, should welcome that.

It's immoral that after the catastrophic economic downturn the country has seen, that they're not laying out the red carpet to fans as well as being responsible and compassionate to the grassroots staff of their football club.

As Blue_Tit has correctly pointed out on a number of occasions, other businesses are open.

You can go into Argos and buy a sofa with cash. But you can't go down to CCS and buy a bloody ticket.

There's absolutely no defence or excuse for that - only feeble ones.

I don't think I called you a liar. I am saying their story is false as anyone who has travelled in London will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The club is most definitely not skint. They're just not doing the right thing - which is to have opened the ticket office. fully staffed, as soon as they knew they could fill the stadium on Saturday. A supporter should be able able to go and buy a ticket, with cash, if they want, and the club, being a business, should welcome that.

It's immoral that after the catastrophic economic downturn the country has seen, that they're not laying out the red carpet to fans as well as being responsible and compassionate to the grassroots staff of their football club.

As Blue_Tit has correctly pointed out on a number of occasions, other businesses are open.

You can go into Argos and buy a sofa with cash. But you can't go down to CCS and buy a bloody ticket.

Of course they are skint. What makes you think that Cardiff City is closed for business? I am sure that plenty of people here have tickets for Saturday, and there were fans at recent home friendlies.

How do you think fans that live away from Cardiff get tickets? Do you go to a cinema a week before watching a movie to get a ticket, then go back a week later to watch the movie?

Plenty of people here say the club is offering to print tickets.

The problem here isn't the club, it's a handful of fans who want a team of staff sat around waiting for them to call in. That is not feasible for a club that has lost its main income stream for the last year. Nothing feeble about what the club are doing in my opinion.

BTW, you don't tell the driver where you are going. Once you swipe your card, you are charged a fixed price. I think it's about £1.50. If you don't have an Oyster card, you can use your bank card or credit card. You don't even have to get on at the front of the bus, the card readers are also in the middle and the back of the bus. No conductors.

I don't think I called you a liar. I am saying their story is false as anyone who has travelled in London will know.
    So they are liars now

I don’t think so.

So they are liars now

I don’t think so.
    Either they are lying, or they are so clueless about travelling in London they thought that what they were saying was true. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

People will be able to turn up on the day and pay cash for a ticket, either in the ticket office or one of the outside booths.

Either they are lying, or they are so clueless about travelling in London they thought that what they were saying was true. It isn't.
    They could have walked on and sang the chorus of Dancing Queen if they wanted. What is stopping them? They can say what they like.

If they are not from London then getting on a bus and trying to do what busses do back home, pay the driver and tell him where you're going, it isn't that far fetched is it?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ca...YEADBWS2eOAAAA

Here’s the pub

Both of them are seasoned travellers away with Wales

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People will be able to turn up on the day and pay cash for a ticket, either in the ticket office or one of the outside booths.
    That's great news but what's your source? How do fans know this? The official line on the club website is 'Due to circumstances arising from the pandemic, the Ticket Office is currently closed to the public'.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ca...YEADBWS2eOAAAA

Here’s the pub

Both of them are seasoned travellers away with Wales
    If I may be so bold as to give a seasoned traveller a tip, in future when going on an away trip to London he should take a bank card with him