+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    First Team

Re: GLAMMY

It it likely that Glammy can be competitive in any of the tournaments this year?

It has been pretty grim stuff for a while now. Occasionally there is a flicker of hope which is quickly extinguished and the normal dismal season unfolds.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Hundred and how it may impact on the County set up?

I’m very much against it as the Blast was established and pretty successful in getting people in to support their county. This franchise nonsense really looks like a dogs dinner to me however I accept that as a traditionalist I may not be the target audience.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    It it likely that Glammy can be competitive in any of the tournaments this year?

It has been pretty grim stuff for a while now. Occasionally there is a flicker of hope which is quickly extinguished and the normal dismal season unfolds.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Hundred and how it may impact on the County set up?

I’m very much against it as the Blast was established and pretty successful in getting people in to support their county. This franchise nonsense really looks like a dogs dinner to me however I accept that as a traditionalist I may not be the target audience.
    It’s only a friendly, but I’m encouraged by the way this game against a Somerset side that beat us easily last year has gone (Somerset are 121-1 in their second innings and I’m sure they’ll set us a target rather than opt for batting practice). If Glamorgan’s batting can hold up (a big if based on the evidence of the last few seasons), then I think they can be competitive in their Bob Willis Trphy group - I’m not talking about what looks a very tough group, but I’d like to think it won’t be an embarrassment.

Agree with you completely about the Hundred.