+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joey Barton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joey Barton

Coincidentally he (Campbell) was on Talksport earlier today bitching and whinging about being given an opportunity. Complaining about the opportunities he had had. When the presenter asked why doesn’t he go abroad like others ie Robbie Fowler, David James he got quite flustered.

Basically the guy is deluded. He’s just expecting to be given a premier league or championship job.

Re: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Coincidentally he (Campbell) was on Talksport earlier today bitching and whinging about being given an opportunity. Complaining about the opportunities he had had. When the presenter asked why doesn’t he go abroad like others ie Robbie Fowler, David James he got quite flustered.

Basically the guy is deluded. He’s just expecting to be given a premier league or championship job.
    I think you're right about him being delusional. When he was supposedly running for London Mayor for the Conservatives and for Rifkind's 'safe' seat of Kensington (?) in 2015 (?) he'd bigged himself up after having 'talks' with Grant Schapps. Seems Sol was the only one thinking he had a chance of either post.

He's not come across well whenever I've heard him - pompous and a poor communicator which are likely to be the real reasons why he isn't going to walk into a top job. I've heard he's had quite a few offers in lower leagues but wouldn't take them - allegedly.

As for him being a World Class player. Undoubtedly in my view. I got to see him play quite a bit at Highbury when I was living and working in London.

As for Mr Barton, well, I'm always willing to wait and see what the courts say as the press can't be relied upon for accurately reporting on any footballers. Having said that, if it turns out to be accurate and he's done what he's supposed to have done - then he needs to go. I think he's got some real mental health issues that need sorting out. A few years ago a read an interview in The Big Issue and he alluded to a few personal things. He really did come across well back then and it seemed he was in 'a good place' but things have certainly soured since then.