+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No football clubs wouldn't have death in service, the players are on short term contracts, it's down the players to look after themselves and families. And even if we did it would be directly with the insurance company nothing to do with Cardiff City or Nantes!
    So if a club pays out £15m for a player, you don't think that they would want to protect their investment and interests by having the player insured against serious injury or death whilst he is employed by them ? Thats a nonsense to me and as far as I am aware most, if not all, clubs would have this type of cover and automatically add new players to it. That in effect is the crux of the argument here I think, if he was a Cardiff player he would be insured by us and if not he would be insured by Nantes. Who is liable ? Also if you make a claim on an employers insurance, you don't go direct to their insurance company, you submit the claim to the employers and they pass it on.

International

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So if a club pays out £15m for a player, you don't think that they would want to protect their investment and interests by having the player insured against serious injury or death whilst he is employed by them ? Thats a nonsense to me and as far as I am aware most, if not all, clubs would have this type of cover and automatically add new players to it. That in effect is the crux of the argument here I think, if he was a Cardiff player he would be insured by us and if not he would be insured by Nantes. Who is liable ? Also if you make a claim on an employers insurance, you don't go direct to their insurance company, you submit the claim to the employers and they pass it on.
    They would protect themselves yes so money would go to Cardiff City, but death in service goes to the family of the deceased, they wouldn't cover that?