+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock your times up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Warnock your times up

I don't think long-term planning has ever been a priority of Warnock (can't blame him for that given the regularity of sackings) but I think the club needs to give it some thought. As it stands the first-team squad for next season is:

GOALKEEPERS: Etheridge, Smithies
    DEFENCE: Morrison, Bamba (20), Connolly (20), Bennett, Cunnigham, Peltier (20)
    CENTRE MID: Ralls, Bacuna
    PATERSON: Paterson
    WINGS: Murphy, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett,
    FORWARD: Reid, Zahore (20), Ward (20), Healey (20)

That's a squad of 18, with 6 of them entering the final years of their contracts (the 20s).

The next manager will be different to Warnock and will not want some of the players. Regardless of the league we are in, we are going to need to bring in at least 7 new players in the summer. Does the club give Warnock the go-ahead to do this knowing that it'll be a new manager picking up the squad from 2020? In addition, how easy is it to attrack quality players if the player knows it'll be a new manager in charge after a season?

(This isn't intended as a post in favour of replacing Warnock, but I know it reads like that!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    I don't think long-term planning has ever been a priority of Warnock (can't blame him for that given the regularity of sackings) but I think the club needs to give it some thought. As it stands the first-team squad for next season is:

GOALKEEPERS: Etheridge, Smithies
    DEFENCE: Morrison, Bamba (20), Connolly (20), Bennett, Cunnigham, Peltier (20)
    CENTRE MID: Ralls, Bacuna
    WINGS: Murphy, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett,
    FORWARD: Reid, Mainde, Zahore (20), Ward (20), Healey (20), Tomlin (20), Bogle (20)

That's a squad of 21, with 8 of them entering the final years of their contracts (the 20s).

The next manager will be different to Warnock and will not want some of the players. Regardless of the league we are in, we are going to need to bring in at least 7 new players in the summer. Does the club give Warnock the go-ahead to do this knowing that it'll be a new manager picking up the squad from 2020? In addition, how easy is it to attrack quality players if the player knows it'll be a new manager in charge after a season?

(This isn't intended as a post in favour of replacing Warnock, but I know it reads like that!).
    Corrected for the players out on loan coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Corrected for the players out on loan coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

he’s got his own position