+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gender Pronouns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gender Pronouns

Have never heard of this, but if that's how they want to be referred to then it's no skin off my nose. If someone is called John Smith but they like to use their middle name of Bob, you'd do it. It's not like we don't have enough other problems to get worked up about!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Have never heard of this, but if that's how they want to be referred to then it's no skin off my nose. If someone is called John Smith but they like to use their middle name of Bob, you'd do it. It's not like we don't have enough other problems to get worked up about!
    Brian Clough insisted on referring to Teddy Sheringham as Edward, because that's what it said on his birth certificate. Yet bizarrely, Shezza wasn't offended by it in the slightest, even though he went by the name of Teddy.

if you get upset because someone mis genders you, then you're a knob. there are many problems in the world, being called he/she instead of they isn't one of them

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Brian Clough insisted on referring to Teddy Sheringham as Edward, because that's what it said on his birth certificate. Yet bizarrely, Shezza wasn't offended by it in the slightest, even though he went by the name of Teddy.

if you get upset because someone mis genders you, then you're a knob. there are many problems in the world, being called he/she instead of they isn't one of them
    Bit of a difference there, mate.

Anyway, if I was to misgender someone and they took offence then I would apologise and tell them that it wasn't my intention. If I misgendered them again on purpose then I'd be the knob.

How hard is it to be civil with someone? I've spoken to a few people about the pronoun stuff and I don't fully understand it, but I don't have to. If someone wants to be referred to as "her" and you purposely refer to them as "him" then there's something wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post

More evidence of the "you should put up with whatever someone says to you and if you don't like it, it's your fault for not liking it" brigade.