+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest British Social Survey finds 52% of the Country are non Religious

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Latest British Social Survey finds 52% of the Country are non Religious

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Much of historic literature is in fact written long after the event, in fact in many cases hundreds of years later. However the Books of the BIBLE that make up the New Testament were in fact written by eye witnesses of the Resurrection, and as far as the Gospels are concerned that speak of Christ raised from the dead, we see below that they must have been written BEFORE the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD....

The first three Gospels, and possibly also the fourth, were apparently written while the city of Jerusalem was still standing. Each of the first three Gospels contains predictions by Jesus concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple (Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21), but none records the fulfillment. We know that Titus the Roman destroyed the city and Temple in A.D. 70. Hence, the composition of the first three Gospels most likely occurred sometime before this event, otherwise their destruction would have been recorded. The fact that all four gospels are written from the perspective that the city of Jerusalem and the temple had not been destroyed gives evidence of an early date.
    Does the document from before 70AD still exist? Could I look at it and read the words written on it 1950+ years ago?
    Today, I could write about my experiences at Ninian Park but that isn’t proof I wrote about it before it was knocked down.

Re: Latest British Social Survey finds 52% of the Country are non Religious

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Does the document from before 70AD still exist? Could I look at it and read the words written on it 1950+ years ago?
    Today, I could write about my experiences at Ninian Park but that isn’t proof I wrote about it before it was knocked down.
    Many of the Dead Sea Scrolls date right back to 200BC, so there's no shortage of material to read if you are serious.

Sure you could write about Ninian Park, but it's extremely unlikely that you would not include a comment about the CCS to give the reader a perspective from 2021.