Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Although I'd have usually had it by now and still haven't heard anything about having one this year yet, I've had a flu vaccination annually for close to a decade and I can definitely say that I don't give the flu a second thought after having had my yearly jab. My attitude towards Covid would change greatly if I was able to have the same sort of thing every year - I'm certainly not expecting any vaccine to be a case of have one and then you have protection for life, but I'm sure it would lead to a great deal more peace of mind for those of state pension age who aren't in the anti vaxxer camp.

Once the most vulnerable have protection, there is less urgency to vaccinate those who, statistically, are very unlikely to have serious, life threatening, symptoms and so those of, say, thirty and under who must be hating all of the restrictions to their lives which aren't really necessary on a personal level, will be able to get on with their lives again.
Agree with most of that.

On a side im hearing from a local business who have been given a nudge pubs will shut 6pm next Friday and reopen Monday 9th November. So knocking 3 weekends of drinking out.