+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: George Carlin religion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: George Carlin religion

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Like many others, you do a lot of talking about a deity that you are (supposedly) convinced doesn't exist.
    And for the record, YHWH has as much to do with the idea of evolution as you employ logic.
    Great laugh for a Monday morning though - so very welcome
    I tend to talk about deities rather than just one of the many thousands that have existed. Culture around the world fascinates me and religion is part of all that - and I do make an effort to learn about them a great deal in my travels around the world whether it be Shintoism, Native American spirits, Sikhism, Buddhism, paganism or the various branches of Abrahamism - and I'm looking forward to visiting the Pyramids at Giza the day after tomorrow.
    Religion is a truly fascinating subject but deities say a great deal about the people that invented them in the first place. It's all about human psychology and related to time and space.
    By the way, how's the talking snake?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I tend to talk about deities rather than just one of the many thousands that have existed. Culture around the world fascinates me and religion is part of all that - and I do make an effort to learn about them a great deal in my travels around the world whether it be Shintoism, Native American spirits, Sikhism, Buddhism, paganism or the various branches of Abrahamism - and I'm looking forward to visiting the Pyramids at Giza the day after tomorrow.
    Religion is a truly fascinating subject but deities say a great deal about the people that invented them in the first place. It's all about human psychology and related to time and space.
    By the way, how's the talking snake?
    Very clearly still pulling your strings (as he is with many millions of people via some of the religions you list above).

Nothing new under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Very clearly still pulling your strings (as he is with many millions of people via some of the religions you list above).

Nothing new under the sun.
    Pulling my strings? Hardly. Just one example of gullible people believing in the most ridiculous stories throughout history.