+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Budget

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Budget

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why do you ask such stupid questions when it is quite obvious to a reasonable person that I was referring to advice given by these 'experts' in general. Clearly the average man doesn't refer to scientists on a regular basis.
    I was referring to the doctors and scientists that the BBC and other media outlets wheel out whenever something good or bad happens. As I said, they are always ready to pour doom and gloom on any good news and make any bad news look as bad as they can. When some doctor in a provincial hospital or a scientist that 'was on the SAGE committee but isn't any more' and such like are trollied out I always wonder how many people the media outlet in question spoke to before they found one who was prepared to voice the opinion they wanted to air.
    Which scientists do you refer to?
    I was just referring to a full sentence you wrote. Thanks for speaking up on behalf of reasonable persons and for calling my questions stupid though.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I was just referring to a full sentence you wrote. Thanks for speaking up on behalf of reasonable persons and for calling my questions stupid though.
    you and I both know you were implying that I speak directly to scientists about things whereas you actually knew quite well what I meant in my post. That is why it was a stupid question.

you and I both know you were implying that I speak directly to scientists about things whereas you actually knew quite well what I meant in my post. That is why it was a stupid question.
    So now you are telling me that I knew what you meant as opposed to what you actually wrote. Interesting.

- before Brexit the UK used to belong to the European Investment Bank, which invested £5bn a year in UK infrastructure

- the UK's new National Infrastructure Bank, announced in the Budget, will provide just £1.5bn a year in projects

Government’s new ‘infrastructure bank’ so small it will have no effect on growth, watchdog says: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1812661.html

In calculations released alongside the budget, the Office for Budget (OBR) responsibility said it had "not adjusted our economy forecast" in light of the bank's creation because of the bank's small size and expected limited impact.
    More on the budget. Are we allowed to mention Brexit as well?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    So now you are telling me that I knew what you meant as opposed to what you actually wrote. Interesting.
    Because I give you the benefit of believing you are erudite, and an erudite man would be able to grasp what I meant. How else would one say it? Or do you take every single thing you read literally? I don't think so. But you do take things literally when it suits you.
    It's a bit like your reference to my wife in another thread which you later said was meant in a different way to the way you wrote it. And that was personal.

Because I give you the benefit of believing you are erudite, and an erudite man would be able to grasp what I meant. How else would one say it? Or do you take every single thing you read literally? I don't think so. But you do take things literally when it suits you.
    It's a bit like your reference to my wife in another thread which you later said was meant in a different way to the way you wrote it. And that was personal.
    I didn't even know that you were married, old fruit. It was a comment said in humour in an abstract way. I don't make negative personal remarks on here.