+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: C'mon England Lets Win ( great series )

Spot on Major.

Surprised this thread didn’t get a contribution during play. What a let down as England show again that they can’t bat at this level to a consistently good enough standard. I don’t think this India team are that much more talented than previous sides of theirs that were pretty well beaten, but England have gone back a lot - they were about a hundred short with their 290 in the first innings.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Spot on Major.

Surprised this thread didn’t get a contribution during play. What a let down as England show again that they can’t bat at this level to a consistently good enough standard. I don’t think this India team are that much more talented than previous sides of theirs that were pretty well beaten, but England have gone back a lot - they were about a hundred short with their 290 in the first innings.
    The big difference this time with the Indian team is the strength in fast bowling together with its intensity. Bumrah is one of the best bowlers in the world and what he did today with an old ball on a docile pitch was unbelievable. They also now have a mental strength that they wouldn’t have had previously, to come back from the pasting in the last game and in the first innings here showed mental strength that England simply do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Boyce View Post
    The big difference this time with the Indian team is the strength in fast bowling together with its intensity. Bumrah is one of the best bowlers in the world and what he did today with an old ball on a docile pitch was unbelievable. They also now have a mental strength that they wouldn’t have had previously, to come back from the pasting in the last game and in the first innings here showed mental strength that England simply do not have.
    Most of the Indian quicker bowlers have toured here before though. You can’t ignore what India did in Australia in the winter, so I accept they are slightly better than recent Indian touring sides, but England have declined more than India have improved in my view. With hindsight, I would say having four seamers bowling between 80 and 85 mph may not have been a problem at Headingly, but England needed more pace in their attack at the Oval - Wood might have got the ball to reverse swing a bit.