+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harsh? Scott Johnson's (WOL) verdict Harry Wilson

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harsh? Scott Johnson's (WOL) verdict Harry Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good post, we’re a hard side for “proper” footballers to play in.
    Lee Tomlin was able to overcome that last season. I was hoping for a similar impact from Harry Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Lee Tomlin was able to overcome that last season. I was hoping for a similar impact from Harry Wilson.
    Tomlin had 8 goals and 10 assists, Wilson has, so far, 4 goals and 11 assists. perhaps if McCarthy didn't keep dropping him to play ralls or Bacuna as a number 10 he'd have more.
    in any case it's a similar impact in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Tomlin had 8 goals and 10 assists, Wilson has, so far, 4 goals and 11 assists. perhaps if McCarthy didn't keep dropping him to play ralls or Bacuna as a number 10 he'd have more.
    in any case it's a similar impact in my opinion
    Wilson must have about 8 assists from corners. Let's be honest, he's been a bit disappointing but he isn't someone like Tomlin. In a really good team, he'd be outstanding at this level and would out perform Tomlin, whereas for us, a fully fit Tomlin has more ability to drag someone like us along. Wilson flits in and out of games so much, the same criticism he got at Bournemouth last season. I'd love him back, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wilson must have about 8 assists from corners. Let's be honest, he's been a bit disappointing but he isn't someone like Tomlin. In a really good team, he'd be outstanding at this level and would out perform Tomlin, whereas for us, a fully fit Tomlin has more ability to drag someone like us along. Wilson flits in and out of games so much, the same criticism he got at Bournemouth last season. I'd love him back, mind.
    4 from corners, 2 from freekicks, the rest from open play I think. But goals from set pieces don't count any less!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tomlin was virtually anonymous in most of the first halves he played last season and much the same applies to Wilson this time around. Some of Tomlin's best games last season were when he was introduced as a substitute against tiring defences and, for me, it was the fact that our opponents were less fit and vigilant than they had been that was more responsible for the damage he caused than any increase in the creativity of his team mates. Similar applies to Wilson - probably because Wycombe didn't know what to expect from him, Rubin Colwill made more of an impact in the first fifteen minutes of Saturday's match than Tomlin and Wilson have done in that period in most of the games they've started over the past two seasons