+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The seat numbers at the stadium are all individual i.e. they are not duplicated from block to block. They start at 1 and run consecutively all the way around the bowl. So it should be impossible for two tickets to have the same number. I would guess that either it was a ticket for a different match or had been altered or forged by the holder. It is possible that the holder was let in via a steward by mistake, if they thought that the turnstile was faulty. If the turnstile let the other person in, then it wouldn't have let you in and vice versa as there is only one useable barcode per seat per match. I would have had a VERY close look at the other persons ticket and I certainly wouldn't have let him use my seat - I would have called a steward there and then and got it sorted out straight away, otherwise he could pull the trick again. It could also be a software problem with the system of course but that appears the least likely explanation to me.
    I’m sure it’s much more likely to be a cock up than something malicious.
    One row to far forward or back, previous season ticket, mistaken number, misprint from the ticket office, etc.

You can see which seats have been sold to ST holders on the website. If you’re going through all that trouble to forge a ticket good enough to be let in, I’m sure you’d check first if the seat is available.

Re: Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m sure it’s much more likely to be a cock up than something malicious.
    One row to far forward or back, previous season ticket, mistaken number, misprint from the ticket office, etc.

You can see which seats have been sold to ST holders on the website. If you’re going through all that trouble to forge a ticket good enough to be let in, I’m sure you’d check first if the seat is available.
    Got this from the ticket office today -
    Thank you for your email.

Looking at your account your seat is xxx xxx so the person sat there was in the wrong seat.

The font used for our season tickets this year make the H and K look very similar, sorry for the confusion on this. we are aware of this and have made stewards aware.