Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pressure's on Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    FT: Swansea 2 - 2 Wycombe
    FT: Luton 1 - 0 Watford

NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED
    Delia will be pleased!

Fair play, I've enjoyed watching them whenever they've been on.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Fair play, I've enjoyed watching them whenever they've been on.
    Me too, they have some talented players by Championship standards and play an entertaining brand of football. The manager's done a great job. However, with the exception of the recent 7-0 victory over Huddersfield, they've looked far from outstanding. Decent, consistent, but not brilliant. I think the fact that Norwich have been promoted with five games remaining says more about the standard of the Championship this season than it does about their abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Me too, they have some talented players by Championship standards and play an entertaining brand of football. The manager's done a great job. However, with the exception of the recent 7-0 victory over Huddersfield, they've looked far from outstanding. Decent, consistent, but not brilliant. I think the fact that Norwich have been promoted with five games remaining says more about the standard of the Championship this season than it does about their abilities.
    Absolutely. The Championship is genuinely worryingly poor and has been getting worse IMO. When I think back to us playing Villa in 17/18 on a sunny August afternoon and the football we played that day - I can't remember a better match since - it's shocking watching the highlights now (and Villa were a cracking side with John Terry playing that day too). Watching Reading last night was just awful. Two teams who shouldn't be anywhere near the playoffs. I really don't know what the answer is.

It's also strange too considering there have been no fans and players haven't been under pressure playing in front of big crowds.