+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chelsea should make you ask questions of YOUR club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chelsea should make you ask questions of YOUR club

I do wonder what its like for all the hundreds of kids who are tied to these big clubs especially parents who have to make massive travel commitments every week.

Chelsea just farm kids in a hope something good happens.

Chelsea are still not where they want to be top 4 is a minimum for them. Whilst its great bringing these players in they still need the real world class players which they will have to pay for.

They havent done anything yet.
    Lets not forget they are having transfer ban.

I just think the whole youth football shpuld stay local. I would love to see it similar to the way US do it but thats never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I just think the whole youth football shpuld stay local. I would love to see it similar to the way US do it but thats never going to happen.
    How is it done in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    How is it done in the US?
    Draft system.

Chelsea have been forced to use youth due to their transfer embargo.
    Let's be honest, without the ban, they would have blown millions trying to win the PL and the likes of Abraham, Mount & Tomori would be loaned out again.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Let's be honest, without the ban, they would have blown millions trying to win the PL and the likes of Abraham, Mount & Tomori would be loaned out again.
    Yeah that's what the article says, but the point is the fact they didn't shows maybe it's better to promote from within than spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    They havent been forced to do anything. Theyve clearly decided to go down that route with Frank Lampard.

Yes the embargo has played some part in that decision but the kids are still being picked ahead of experienced players and players who cost them a lot of money.

Theyve lost Hazard and Luiz, one of them they didnt want to, one of them was told he wasnt going to be first choice anyway.

They have plenty of experience in Hazards position - Willian and Pedro - and they signed that Pulisic before the ban, so they didnt have to go down the kids route.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I do wonder what its like for all the hundreds of kids who are tied to these big clubs especially parents who have to make massive travel commitments every week.

Chelsea just farm kids in a hope something good happens.

Chelsea are still not where they want to be top 4 is a minimum for them. Whilst its great bringing these players in they still need the real world class players which they will have to pay for.

They havent done anything yet.
    Lets not forget they are having transfer ban.

Are people just not readin the article? It's not saying Chelsea are amazing it's saying Chelsea have been forced to do this and it's worked so maybe it could work for everyone else instead of signing shite for big money.