+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Kind of Club: The Inside Story of Neil Warnock's Cardiff City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My Kind of Club: The Inside Story of Neil Warnock's Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Me too.
    Being a saddo I emailed Booth after he reported on one of our games against Manchester City, I took issue with the fact that throughout the report he used City to refer to Manchester and referred to us as Cardiff. He replied that he did this because he was from up there, I replied to point out that he was working and reporting for a South Wales publication and we are the City down here, he didn’t reply again, most probably thought I was a nit picking loony but then again I’m in the ‘Which United’ camp as well when people refer to the rags as ‘United’.

Re: My Kind of Club: The Inside Story of Neil Warnock's Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Being a saddo I emailed Booth after he reported on one of our games against Manchester City, I took issue with the fact that throughout the report he used City to refer to Manchester and referred to us as Cardiff. He replied that he did this because he was from up there, I replied to point out that he was working and reporting for a South Wales publication and we are the City down here, he didn’t reply again, most probably thought I was a nit picking loony but then again I’m in the ‘Which United’ camp as well when people refer to the rags as ‘United’.
    Lots of derogatory tweets about Wales etc people jumped on. Fair enough he was young and they were pretty harmless but never a good starting point and was his general attitude etc that I weren't a fan of him for. Very much of the Abbandonato persuasion, who is like a tesco value Piers Morgan on twitter. Not a fan of either of them. Get the impression that Dom Booth annoyed fellow journalists from other papers quite often. The club are a closed shop these days so accept it's hard but not sure he ever got anything right from sources and had some terrible opinions on games as well. Didn't really read much he did but seeing some of his tweets pop up was enough to realise his takes on stuff were way off the mark.