+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kiefer Moore

Re: Kiefer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I certainly remember looking at his stats, which didn't suggest for a moment that we had signed a 20 goal a season striker. In his first 11 games, he'd only scored 3, 2 in one game at Forest.

Since he scored against Finland, he's netted 8 in 12 games for us. That's a phenomenal strike rate which few City strikers in my lifetime have managed. It's also his best scoring rate over the same number of games in his career.

There's absolutely no doubts that he's playing the best football of his career. Being first choice for Wales has undoubtedly been of massive benefit to him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I rated him but I now think he can do a job in the PL. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he left in the summer. The standout for me was when we played Slovakia and he absolutely bullied Skriniar.
    I've seen the highlights from today and I think he's got more to offer. He's absolutely key to everything we do.

I thought other than a random post on here most thought he was perfect for us. I guess that's the difference between stats and knowing football.

I certainly remember looking at his stats, which didn't suggest for a moment that we had signed a 20 goal a season striker. In his first 11 games, he'd only scored 3, 2 in one game at Forest.

Since he scored against Finland, he's netted 8 in 12 games for us. That's a phenomenal strike rate which few City strikers in my lifetime have managed. It's also his best scoring rate over the same number of games in his career.

There's absolutely no doubts that he's playing the best football of his career. Being first choice for Wales has undoubtedly been of massive benefit to him as well.
    I'm guilty of having a pop at him too. More than happy he's proved me wrong, and long may it last.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I'm guilty of having a pop at him too. More than happy he's proved me wrong, and long may it last.
    From memory, I wasn't even having a pop, just looking at what he'd done and what we might expect. That's stats. Without doubt, Moore has excelled with us and it's bloody great having a rare transfer success, given the money we've spunked up for shite.

Eric’s has another ‘mare

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Eric’s has another ‘mare
    On the basis that I haven't predicted him scoring 8 in 12, or did you have a tardis that predicted he would? Don't be a knob.

On the basis that I haven't predicted him scoring 8 in 12, or did you have a tardis that predicted he would? Don't be a knob.
    He’s been nothing short of fantastic for us.
    I know it’s a cliche to say he has “Good feet for a Big player” but he certainly does.
    As well as being surprisingly quick.

The best signing we’ve made in years.
    I’m sure that when fans get back to the ground he will feel the love!

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I know it’s a cliche to say he has “Good feet for a Big player” but he certainly does.

Sadly I think when fans get to the ground he will be gone.

On the basis you couldn’t see he was a striker hitting his peak years and want to use numbers from years ago to paint a negative picture.

On the basis you couldn’t see he was a striker hitting his peak years and want to use numbers from years ago to paint a negative picture.
    Yes, all players hitting Moore's age suddenly start scoring more and improving :homer:

It was nothing to do with painting a negative picture, it was looking at a player's career to get some sort of picture as to what we might expect. Moore has, in recent times certainly, more than exceeded our wildest expectations, yet you seem ready, as normal, to have a pop for me not predicting it.

Ever thought of anger management?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

His finishing (with his feet) and hold up play have really impressed me. Could become a club legend

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    His finishing (with his feet) and hold up play have really impressed me. Could become a club legend
    Absolutely. He's much more than just an old fashioned target man. I'd argue he's better on the deck than in the air.

Absolutely. He's much more than just an old fashioned target man. I'd argue he's better on the deck than in the air.
    And I was with you Eric, stats, especially for a goalscorer are usually a good measuring stick for future success. Thankfully in Moore's case they were off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    And I was with you Eric, stats, especially for a goalscorer are usually a good measuring stick for future success. Thankfully in Moore's case they were off the mark.
    I think it's the best run of form we've seen from a Cardiff striker since Jay Bothroyd, prior to his England call up. Thankfully, it seems that Moore is more level headed. It should also be said that it would be extraordinary if Moore keeps up his current scoring rate over a much longer period. That's not being negative, it's being realistic.

I saw him play quite a few times in his season at FGR, mainly coming off the bench, rarely starting. He was struggling to break into a National League team 4 years ago, there was little evidence that he’d make the transition to the skilful & confident player he is now.

No need to worry about him, getting injured as we have Mark Harris to step in! Moore's 8 goals of his came in 11 starts and one sub, and he's scored 3 in in the last 3 games too.

If the team can get going as we know they should be able to do then I think he'll be up there with the top scorers in the championship, and even if they were to continue to fail to reach their potential he'll still score a few.
    Strangely, the vital thing here is to get the defence solid , which would in turn make it possible to press higher up and put Wilson where he really should be in the very forward part of the midfield regularly acting as an extra striker, which Lee Tomlin can also do.

Another excellent performance today. His first touch was ridiculously good to control some of the long balls that we fired at him. We've got a decent chance of making the play-offs as long as he stays fit.

He’s Fantastico!
    Favourite player in a good while.

Have not seen him have a bad game.

Kieffer's probably had flashbacks to his lifeguard days at points this season. Two very well taken goals today and another really good performance.

11 league goals already. With 19 games to go can he get 20 goals for us? If he stays fit I think he can.

What a signing he has been.

Great signing by Neil Harris.
    Don't forget the commitee..

11 league goals already. With 19 games to go can he get 20 goals for us? If he stays fit I think he can.

What a signing he has been.

Great signing by Neil Harris.
    And the club , didn't Warnock and the club try to sing him ?

We may have to work hard to keep him .

Double his money now and bolt on another year or two to his existing contract

I'm surprised how many goals he gets with his feet, his first today was brilliant.
    If we had someone like him in the prem feel we might have just stayed up, just the energy and hold up play alone.