+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Baseball In The US A Good Watch Live ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madlock View Post
    Wrigley Field, home of the Cubs is on my list of sporting venues I’d like to visit
    An afternoon at Wrigley, or Fenway, a dog and a beer or two is a fantastic experience. You have to love the game and understand the history though.

Watch Field of Dreams. If it moves you, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Watch Field of Dreams. If it moves you, then go for it.
    It’s the only movie where I know every word in the script and receipt it in time with the actors.

Weirdly I’m not a fan of modern baseball by I love baseball history & have probably watched every available film / documentary.

Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It’s the only movie where I know every word in the script and receipt it in time with the actors.

Weirdly I’m not a fan of modern baseball by I love baseball history & have probably watched every available film / documentary.

Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!
    I love Ken whatshisface's documentary on baseball, and theres a good one all about Ebbets field on Netflix too. Battered Bastards of baseball is a cracker tho.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    I love Ken whatshisface's documentary on baseball, and theres a good one all about Ebbets field on Netflix too. Battered Bastards of baseball is a cracker tho.
    Burns? If so, he's an excellent documentary maker. The American Civil War, The West, Country Music and a lot else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Burns? If so, he's an excellent documentary maker. The American Civil War, The West, Country Music and a lot else.
    Excellent, thanks for the lead, plenty to look at there.

https://kenburns.com/the-films/

I seen it so many times. I still get choked up at the end when he says "dad, do you wanna have a catch?".

There is a regular season game being played in August on the actual site where the film was made. They did it for the first time last season and it was a great watch for any fans of the film