+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The football under McCarthy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The football under McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Except perhaps the 2-0 victory at Forest, the 3-0 win against Barnsley, the 4-0 victory over Luton and the 3-0 win against Huddersfield?
    I think most people are clever enough to realise there are exceptions to the rule over such a long period. I think we are talking generally.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think most people are clever enough to realise there are exceptions to the rule over such a long period. I think we are talking generally.
    That's right. I believe that, generally, the football under McCarthy has been as poor as it was under Harris rather than much better. But that's just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's right. I believe that, generally, the football under McCarthy has been as poor as it was under Harris rather than much better. But that's just an opinion.

Very true.

MM is a much better manager than Harris but he has always had the reputation as a pragmatist who is more then happy to play a dour brand of football if it is more likely to bring success. Personally I prefer dour winning football than pretty losing football when it comes to Cardiff. Who remembers Kenny Hibbit? I remember when he managed Walsall they always played some great passing football but we usually beat them. Then he came to us and we played some good passing football and usually lost.

MM will have to do well on the transfer market next season as I don't think he will have any money to spend unless Norwich give us £7 million for Will Vaulks and I can't see it happening.