+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Watched the game yesterday and they mentioned it plenty of half time and full time. Tune in to SSN and they are talking it on there.

I don't get the problem, was alright for a match when returning, even until the end of last season but are we making it an official part of the start of every match until someone says not to.

Re: Sky making a big thing of QPR not taking the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Watched the game yesterday and they mentioned it plenty of half time and full time. Tune in to SSN and they are talking it on there.

I don't get the problem, was alright for a match when returning, even until the end of last season but are we making it an official part of the start of every match until someone says not to.
    I'm staunchly against any form of racism and fight against it daily but if QPR don't think taking the knee is the best way to display their support then that's their perogative.

I can't for one moment understand why someone would fail to do it. Do these snowflakes think they'll get cramp or something? I personally think everyone should do it persistently until real change is brought about. And that includes politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I can't for one moment understand why someone would fail to do it. Do these snowflakes think they'll get cramp or something? I personally think everyone should do it persistently until real change is brought about. And that includes politicians.
    It's made all the headlines it needed, it has just become the norm now, don't think the act alone will really add much to the cause.

QPR have done it every match after lockdown and are probably one of the more diverse clubs out there.

If people want to do it fine, but I don't get the media frenzy when someone chooses not to.

How can you measure something that is immeasurable

I’m assuming you’re still taking the knee before you start work each day... or not?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m assuming you’re still taking the knee before you start work each day... or not?
    Yes every day, twice a day; it's improving my knee muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How can you measure something that is immeasurable
    Get a tape measure

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's made all the headlines it needed, it has just become the norm now, don't think the act alone will really add much to the cause.

QPR have done it every match after lockdown and are probably one of the more diverse clubs out there.

If people want to do it fine, but I don't get the media frenzy when someone chooses not to.
    I get the media frenzy. I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to do it. It costs nothing and no, it doesn't induce cramp.

I get the media frenzy. I just don't understand why people wouldn't want to do it. It costs nothing and no, it doesn't induce cramp.
    Why would you want to?

Generally the best way of stopping racism is just by not being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why would you want to?

Generally the best way of stopping racism is just by not being racist?
    Of course you're right but not everyone isn't a racist, particularly some governments and institutions. To my mind it's a simple, free of charge gesture which keeps the issue in the limelight and gently pressurises people to change behaviour. I just think it's a no brainer.

I agree. Even though it is regarding an American issue.

Hopefully, we’ll see similar protests for the uighurs and the Palestinians and child sexual trafficking........ but of course we won’t.

American/Zionist controlled media and social media tell the western world’s masses what to think and how to act.

Or do they?

Is he televised to a world audience? And do most of his co-workers do it? The whole point of taking knee is to highlight racial injustice. No point in doing it if no-one is looking.

I can't see why clubs are still doing it. It's like a learned behaviour or conditioning. I agree with the other poster above who said why don't we do it for other causes? You don't have to do that in front of an empty stadium where there's nobody watching, and do other occupations do it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Is he televised to a world audience? And do most of his co-workers do it? The whole point of taking knee is to highlight racial injustice. No point in doing it if no-one is looking.
    How do you choose to highlight it personally?

I think it’s more people are afraid not to do it now.

It's an empty gesture.

Send it back to America where it belongs.

Of course you're right but not everyone isn't a racist, particularly some governments and institutions. To my mind it's a simple, free of charge gesture which keeps the issue in the limelight and gently pressurises people to change behaviour. I just think it's a no brainer.
    I don’t think think it does anything at all.

I have no issue with people doing it, but I actually think it’s counter productive by causing division.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    It's an empty gesture.
    Well, we're all taking about it. So it must be doing something.

How do you choose to highlight it personally?
    Did you even bother to read my post?

I would like to the see the knee followed by the raised first of defiance , solidarity and taking it to the man

Fight the power

Did you even bother to read my post?
    Yes... doesn’t mean that you need to be invisible. I publicly show my support. I live in a small town of 20,000 people where people see that. You live in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would like to the see the knee followed by the raised first of defiance , solidarity and taking it to the man

Fight the power

You forgot the Black Glove

Well, we're all taking about it. So it must be doing something.
    Which is what?