+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Offensively lost our way?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Offensively lost our way?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The opposition must have one of the shortest 'defending set piece' sessions they have had when they face us.

Long throws - Crowd out Morrison
    Corners and free kicks in the final third - See above
    And yet we’ve scored more set piece goals than anyone in the division. We scored off one today.

Perhaps the opposition team should have longer sessions

Re: Offensively lost our way?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet we’ve scored more set piece goals than anyone in the division. We scored off one today.

Perhaps the opposition team should have longer sessions
    That is the thing though JR. We have scored 13 in 21.

With our defence it still usually amounts to defeat given the amount we score from open play.

If you think that's funny I bet your sides will be splitting if I tell you we're the only team in this division with more set piece goals than those from open play. I'm certainly not laughing too much if I'm honest.

As for Bacuna being like Pirlo. Nobody is saying that. I just don't think that our players can simply play long ball football. Sorry but they can play more football than they're currently showing. Harris has and always will be a hustle bustle, long ball style of manager. Anybody who thinks he is building something that will take us in a new direction is as potty as Dalman.

Have you changed your 'Harris doing well' this season marker to finishing 12th this week? Wonder who Dalman and Choo are going to buy for him in January? Maybe we can reveal them like a prize on a game show on Cardiff City TV and we can also film Harris' reaction to it?

Good news though. We have a few teams who don't play much passing football coming up. We can bludgeon them with territory sky ball and then get rolled over again when the better teams come round.