+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Keith the Fish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Keith the Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Did this gentleman have any connection to Ashton's in the indoor market? Given the location of his stall, he would have definitely been in direct competition to them you, would think.
    The stall (trailer) was by the church just around the back of M&S off Charles Street and has been there since at least 2011 (used to lock my bike up when I could ride and walk by up until a few years ago) but yes, it's unlikely he'd have always been there and judging by his age could have had a long connection with the market so may well have been a young man when selling cockles back in the day to Michael and Xsnaggle.

I wish I'd spent more time chatting to him now.

I did chat to a fruit & veg guy on Queen Steet opposite Pret who thought he had an Uncle who played for Cardiff City but he couldn't remember his name - so not a classic anecdote

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The stall (trailer) was by the church just around the back of M&S off Charles Street and has been there since at least 2011 (used to lock my bike up when I could ride and walk by up until a few years ago) but yes, it's unlikely he'd have always been there and judging by his age could have had a long connection with the market so may well have been a young man when selling cockles back in the day to Michael and Xsnaggle.

I did chat to a fruit & veg guy on Queen Steet opposite Pret who thought he had an Uncle who played for Cardiff City but he couldn't remember his name - so not a classic anecdote
    Steve Grapes?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Steve Grapes?
    I see what you did there! No, not him because I do know that the guy made 1 appearance and I think he came on as a sub but for the life of me I can’t remember his name. If I do, I will post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Church?? Church??? It’s a Cathedral

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Church?? Church??? It’s a Cathedral
    You're quite right, I am shamed.....though... if we're going to joust pedantry...it's The Metropolitan Cathedral Church of St David so it's a one all!