+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Taylor v Serrano-What a Fight!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Taylor v Serrano-What a Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree it's not an age thing. I am over 60 and don't enjoy boxing - either men or women, because I have always had a problem with a sport that often relies on inflicting brain damage on an opponent to win. I appreciate the history and positives of boxing - I used to help Brendan Ingle (Wincobank Gym in Sheffield that produced Naseem Hamid, Bomber Graham and Johnny Nelson amongst others) with his local charity work - but still don't like it as a sport.

However, I can see no reason at all for having a different attitude or opinion on men's or women's boxing. Whether that comes from old or young, and especially when used with cringeworthy expressions like 'the fairer sex', it comes from a view of women's role in society that should have vanished decades ago.

Despite not being into boxing I have watched a fair bit of Katie Taylor, and she is amazing.
    I think a term like “the fairer sex” is more a compliment than a derogatory remark.

Re: Taylor v Serrano-What a Fight!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I think a term like “the fairer sex” is more a compliment than a derogatory remark.
    I always say "the sex that looks nicer naked" and I don't know why women don't like it, as it's clearly a good thing