+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Masks compulsory in shops in England from the 24th July

When were people not wearing masks allowed in shops?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When were people not wearing masks allowed in shops?
    I was born in 1967. I’ve managed to get away with shopping while not wearing a mask so far.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was born in 1967. I’ve managed to get away with shopping while not wearing a mask so far.
    So since the start of the Covid 19 outbreak until now masks have not been compulsory in shops?

Banned

So since the start of the Covid 19 outbreak until now masks have not been compulsory in shops?
    They are not compulsory. I was skeptical about their benefits, especially after seeing people dumping their used ones in trolleys at supermarkets. Since their use is supposed to prevent the wearer transmitting the virus onto others (asymptomatic), rather than protecting the wearer, it is a bit filthy to see people dumping gloves and masks after use. I have, though, changed my mind based on some limited scientific studies and, of course, public sentiment. If people feel more comfortable going out in public and spending money to revive the economy because most are wearing masks, then I'll wear a mask for that reason alone. Add in the recent scientific studies, and it is a no-brainer.

As for not wearing a mask since 1967 whilst shopping, well I think this is the first pandemic to hit the UK in all that time, so wearing a mask between 1967 and 2020 was not necessary.

You are correct. Masks have not been compulsory in shops in England. However, they become compulsory on Friday July 24th.

They've not been compulsory in shops in Wales either and it's not certain that they ever will be.