Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
Everyone has been asking why he wasn't playing. I think we all saw why he hasn't.

Alarm bells should have been ringing with Rodgers multiple negative comments about him and his attitude.
He played 56 times for Zagreb with 6 goals (and Champions League appearances), 20 for Celtic (2 goals), 20 for Bristol City (2 goals) that's without being involved with Croatian setup. He's only 23 and been sat on the bench for his time with us with no rotation or easing in to the starting eleven and sensible selection from our manager. Nelson (in my opinion) is a bang average player and is in the starting eleven by default. Morrison is selected by default. Harris has not managed this signing well (same as Warnock was guilty of on many occasions).

Benkovic is not responsible for all our losses and the 25 goals we've leaked. That's down to the current manager, setup and players. I don't think any of us can judge Benkovic based on our team and management debacle against Wycombe.

You may well be right about him but surely we need to give the lad a break and a chance? Our current first team choices and management are the one's responsible for where we are right now, not him.