+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Grant Schapps , Conservative , On Benefits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Grant Schapps , Conservative , On Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Question Time

Says he ......really understands .....those struggling on universal credit regarding the 20 pound cap

Course he does

Bet he's driving vans full of tins of beans and corned beef to the local food bank every Sunday morning
    What do you want him to say? He says he understands.
    What do you want him to do? The welfare bill in the UK has never been more generous, especially considering furlough

Genuinely now, to distinguish this from just being a hate-filled post, what do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What do you want him to do? The welfare bill in the UK has never been more generous, especially considering furlough

Genuinely now, to distinguish this from just being a hate-filled post, what do you want?
    What do you want a government to do, I’ll tell you what! Look after the most vulnerable in society not tax them to the hilt whilst food prices, gas and every other bill is going up. Have a look around you, the country is absolutely fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What do you want a government to do, I’ll tell you what! Look after the most vulnerable in society not tax them to the hilt whilst food prices, gas and every other bill is going up. Have a look around you, the country is absolutely fecked.
    Apart perhaps from Attlee's 1945 government, which party of either persuasion has ever looked after the most vulnerable satisfactorily? Taxing the to the hilt is slightly over the top.

I agree that the should do something to lessen the effect of removing the £20 temporary increase in Universal Credit either by making it permanent or adjusting it in some way ( the taper possibly)

I don't want a lying twat like Grant Schapps anywhere near a position of power in the government of the country I live in.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...keter-while-mp

Disclaimer: I've had a few!

Look at poverty rates since the tories have come to power, look at wages compared to other countries over the past 10 years, look at housing,energy and food costs.

We want a government that actually helps the average person and not just their billionaire mates. We want them to actually act and not just say they care (they obviously don't give a shit).

I'd love to see you try and explain how the welfare bill has never been more generous. The whole country is ****ed.