+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is really stupid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This is really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
    Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.

Re: This is really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.
    I'm not sure how to take your first sentence. I would agree that the way things are going, changing gender will be treated as lightly as buying a fridge but I presume you do not mean that? At what age would you think your son will be old enough to make such decisions and importantly understand the ramifications and consequences of those decisions?