Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
It would be wrong to completely rule out the possibility of us going up this season because an awful lot of players in the current squad have been promoted to the Premier League before. Also, I accept that our new manager's record at Millwall was a good one overall, but is there anyone on here who thinks that this appointment is one that you would expect from a club having a "right go at promotion"?
I think the majority on here have already made up their minds, but I'm prepared to keep my toys in the pram for the time being. A couple of months ago the general consensus amongst some was that this squad was better than the 2017/8 one. I disagreed citing J.Ralls being our outstanding midfielder this season but one of the weaker ones in 17/18.

Nonetheless, we do have a nucleus of the promoted squad, so - for this season - what's the best way to do that ? Start changing this around, asking our full backs to actually pass a ball, Pack to increase speed to at least league 2 level, NML to actually do something other than run with his head down ? I don't think anyone is going to succeed changing the teams style to flowing football in a couple of months, so, yes, something along the lines of Neil Harris' approach would make sense. It's direct, quick, and it worked. We haven't got McPhail and Whittingham in midfield, Burke, Chopra, Bothroyd, McCormack in attack, Kennedy and McNaughton at full back unfortunately..