+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rebuild for next season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rebuild for next season

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wintle is under contract until 2027 he wont be going anywhere.
    I think Wintle is a good player when used properly, he's probably a victim of manager tactics/instructions (and that's not slagging Bulut off)

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I think Wintle is a good player when used properly, he's probably a victim of manager tactics/instructions (and that's not slagging Bulut off)
    If you won’t slag him off, I will. Bulut has apparently decided he can’t play football with this side (I think that’s a load of tosh and never intended to). But if you say that, that means you don’t extend the centre mids that apparently can’t play the way he wants

Anyone not here can go bar Davies and King. Tsunoda probably comes in but who knows how good he is. Adams, Rino, Ojo etc, thanks but no thanks.

We need a centre mid that can actually pass, wingers, strikers, centre backs, a left back and a 10. Apart from that, we are sorted. Oh and a new manager, cos I’d rather watch paint dry than watch another Bulut season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If you won’t slag him off, I will. Bulut has apparently decided he can’t play football with this side (I think that’s a load of tosh and never intended to). But if you say that, that means you don’t extend the centre mids that apparently can’t play the way he wants
    I've done it in the past, the txt in brackets was just because someone usually pops up to say you're anti bulut or whatever if you have a different opinion.

I think we need one in the team that has that skillset definitely, theres still room for your Ralls and Wintles IMO, but if he wants to control the ball and play a better passing game (better than the attempts we've seen so far) then IMO you need a midfielder and a centre back who are comfortable and capable on the ball, we need a Goutas or a McGuinness back there as well as they're both solid, but if we are to play out from the back and be comfortable on the ball we need another player or 2 starting from the back.

I think their reading of the game is poor when we go forward as well, one pass Ramsey tried on the weekend I think 2 players didn't read it..but I don't expect a complete overhaul and understand there are levels so id like to see us build from the back and go from there.

I've done it in the past, the txt in brackets was just because someone usually pops up to say you're anti bulut or whatever if you have a different opinion.

I think we need one in the team that has that skillset definitely, theres still room for your Ralls and Wintles IMO, but if he wants to control the ball and play a better passing game (better than the attempts we've seen so far) then IMO you need a midfielder and a centre back who are comfortable and capable on the ball, we need a Goutas or a McGuinness back there as well as they're both solid, but if we are to play out from the back and be comfortable on the ball we need another player or 2 starting from the back.

I think their reading of the game is poor when we go forward as well, one pass Ramsey tried on the weekend I think 2 players didn't read it..but I don't expect a complete overhaul and understand there are levels so id like to see us build from the back and go from there.
    Fenerbahce fans told us what Bulut would do, this is it. He's either got no intention of playing football or he can't coach a side how to do it. I think it is both. It is hard to play football but it is a lot easier than we're making it out to be! Only Rotherham and Preston have less shots than we do, we're 21st in the xG table (it suits my argument so I'll use it even if I think it is miles from being useful!) and we're the lowest goalscorers from open play. In other words, Rotherham offer more of a threat in possession.

Fenerbahce fans told us what Bulut would do, this is it. He's either got no intention of playing football or he can't coach a side how to do it. I think it is both. It is hard to play football but it is a lot easier than we're making it out to be! Only Rotherham and Preston have less shots than we do, we're 21st in the xG table (it suits my argument so I'll use it even if I think it is miles from being useful!) and we're the lowest goalscorers from open play. In other words, Rotherham offer more of a threat in possession.
    I am not enjoying the football. And you are spot on regarding how he's played previously. I mentioned it myself in the thread I made having a rant about bulut tan and the two idiots he's left in charge. I'd love a good shakeup but it's not gonna happen unfortunately.

That's a really good point and also another reason we should stick with Bulut. A new manager just means potentially a new formation & playing style leading to players either not being fancied by the manager or not fitting the new formation. We're then back to twice as much squad re-building.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    That's a really good point and also another reason we should stick with Bulut. A new manager just means potentially a new formation & playing style leading to players either not being fancied by the manager or not fitting the new formation. We're then back to twice as much squad re-building.
    If Bulut isn't using Wintle well (and he isn't), surely that's a reason to get rid?!

If Bulut isn't using Wintle well (and he isn't), surely that's a reason to get rid?!
    Of who, Bulut or Wintle? I’d keep Wintle over Bulut if it was my choice to make.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Of who, Bulut or Wintle? I’d keep Wintle over Bulut if it was my choice to make.
    Yes. I agree, apologies if that wasn’t clear