+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michael Gove.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Michael Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Are you joking?
    It was good times in 1978? No
    How many people bought there own house? You are good with links look it up.
    How many people went to Uni? As above.
    Buy a weekly shop, there were 2000 strikes including lorry drivers, can you remember what people ate in 78? Pot noodle and smash if I'm remembering correctly.
    NHS in Labour run Wales is a disgrace I agree it's probably as bad as 78. What about nationally with this English government selling it off to there chums for profit? no mention of the Tory destruction of it I see.
    Were the Utilities reliable, there were constant blackouts and power cuts? Is that a question or a statement?
    As I say Ah those were the days!
    Just because you've got up the greasy poll a bit it's the age old story balls to poor and working class.

International

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Just because you've got up the greasy poll a bit it's the age old story balls to poor and working class.

Pot noodle and smash if I'm remembering correctly.
    I used to have vesta curry and put it in bread and butter like a curry sandwich, that was decent to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I used to have vesta curry and put it in bread and butter like a curry sandwich, that was decent to be fair
    I had something similar for lunch

a packet of sainsburies curry flavour noodles ( think super noodles but cheaper ) with some button mushrooms and very small bits of pineapple ( think a normal chunk cut into 3 ) and a chillie chopped up all in a Wrap, with a dollop of Mango chutney spread on the side of the wrap

International

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post

He missed the point really, the point was with labour in charge, we had a terrrible Winter of discontent, yes people can look back with nostalgia for that time, it's usually through rose tinted glasses because we were young and life seems better when you are young and still full of hope. Despite all that everyone was on strike and demanding more money and the economy was all over the shop not because of a World wide pandemic, or that they had just broken links with the EU, or a World wide Oil Gas fuel crisis and global shipping issues, or a War in Europe, but because of the way Labour were letting the unions run the country, and generally making a mess of the parts they were responsible for.