+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Second century of the season for Bracey of Gloucestershire and Haines of Sussex is 203 not out, a couple of possible England players doing well there.

There’s a possibility of a remarkable achievement at Canterbury where Kent opener Ben Compton (Dennis Compton’s grand son), having carried his bat in the first innings is still in second time around with seven wickets down - I’m sure an opener has batted right through both innings some time before in cricket, but, having been a fan of the game since the mid sixties, I’m not sure it’s happened in the domestic game in all of that time.
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Didn't Alec Stewart carry his bat twice in a Test in the Windies a while back?
    No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.

No. It had only been done twice in the history of the game. The first time was in 1875 and the South African player Jimmy Cook, who played for SomerSet in the eighties, did it as well.

It’s not going to happen today, Compton was the last man out in Kent’s second innings.
    Very Half a Beeish, great stats

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very Half a Beeish, great stats
    Only cos I heard it on the radio - think Cook equalled the record on 31 June.

Only cos I heard it on the radio - think Cook equalled the record on 31 June.
    And there’s me thinking that you’re CCMB’s equivalent of the Bearded Wonder. So let down