Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
I think you are being a bit pedantic here. It makes no difference if they went away planning to look for groups of black or Asian people to attack or whether they came across them during the general desire to cause problems. It would still be racially motivated targeting and assault. Either could be true. All I know is it happened and what we are discussing is the reasons why people from ethnic minority groups obviously find it difficult to support or watch Cardiff City. My opinion is that an important part of this is the history and reputation (no longer deserved) our fans have for causing problems and not making these groups feel welcome.
Cardiff City , like a lot of football clubs were once white , working class domains

Arsenal , Spurs etc always had a mixed following , also west ham

But even in cities like Birmingham and Leeds , there was a right wing element

We have a small minority of idiots but the main reason why there are not many black or Asian faces at cardiff city is that the club has never reached out for support. If the club expects its traditional fan base of Cardiff, the valleys , Bridgend to just turn up , you be assured its got to put a lot of effort into attracting others

My view is that if a black bloke works on a project to embrace the history of the city of Cardiff and it involves a city shirt painted on a prominent place the club should be fully behind it , not hiding and talking of reverse racism

I fundamentally disagree with your account of past idiotic actions . If I go to my neighbour who is Indian and punch him in the face because he has parked his van in my drive , I will be charged with assault . If I punch him and call him a greasy Indian immigrant then its racially motivated .

When Cardiff city played Birmingham in 1995 Cardiff fans arrived at New Street station in late morning looking for hooligans from the Birmingham City zulu gang to fight. The zulus were a mixed race football gang of all colours and if Cardiff fans were racist and looking for black guys to attack they should have just stopped the train and fought amongst themselves as plenty of black hooligans supporting Cardiff were at St Andrews that day