+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: West Ham

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Not sure why you don’t think they’ll keep these crowds. We get ~4k walk ups on average with 14k season tickets. If it scales up evenly then their 55k ST would be ~15k walk ups. Considering they’re a much bigger club and have a much bigger catchment area plus the tourists in London I wouldn’t be surprised if it was higher.

As for the empty seats they’ve had restrictions on their capacity from the local government. The reason for the record crowd today was they were given permission to increase capacity by 2500.
    I think that Liverpool and United have fans to replace any fan that wants to give up their season ticket

They are enormous worldwide clubs

Below them in British football are spurs , the arse , man City, Newcastle

West Ham are a well supported club but if they dropped down the league or just tread water like I think they probably will do I can't see them getting 60000 plus gates

That puts them above Newcastle in terms of support . I don't think they are that big personally .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think that Liverpool and United have fans to replace any fan that wants to give up their season ticket

West Ham are a well supported club but if they dropped down the league or just tread water like I think they probably will do I can't see them getting 60000 plus gates

That puts them above Newcastle in terms of support . I don't think they are that big personally .
    Apparently they've got 20k-30k members which automatically puts you on the ST waiting list. Most people on the waiting list seem to wait several years before getting one.

We sold 14500 STs last season and are on around the same now after our worst season in 20 odd years. I can only see relegation being enough to take their crowds below 60,000.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Isn't it the case that with some of the best supported teams relatives hang onto season tickets after the ticket holders in their families have shed their mortal coil?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't it the case that with some of the best supported teams relatives hang onto season tickets after the ticket holders in their families have shed their mortal coil?
    And I meant not only for the remainder of the season of the individual's demise but for subsequent seasons as waiting lists are years-long, as it were.