+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: ARMENIA 1 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Re: FT: ARMENIA 1 - 1 WALES. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So if we can’t blame the manager for these tactics who can we blame?

Page is out of his depth. He’s got to go.
    Exactly. It's so telling that he went with the exact same setup and team that beat Croatia just assuming that would work. Croatia home and Armenia away are completely different propositions and need a different setup! We ended up with almost a back 7 at times yesterday with how deep Ampadu and James were with no connection at all between midfield and attack

For all the shit he got after we beat Croatia without him, we really missed Ramsey yesterday

I think another issue is players have become too comfortable in their positions in the squad, we saw similar toward the end with Coleman. Connor Roberts has been dogshit for a while now but there's no question he'll start on Tuesday, he needs competition

So if we can’t blame the manager for these tactics who can we blame?

Page is out of his depth. He’s got to go.
    He's not the best but come on our side lacks an Ashley Williams, Ramsey , Bale etc

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Exactly. It's so telling that he went with the exact same setup and team that beat Croatia just assuming that would work. Croatia home and Armenia away are completely different propositions and need a different setup! We ended up with almost a back 7 at times yesterday with how deep Ampadu and James were with no connection at all between midfield and attack

For all the shit he got after we beat Croatia without him, we really missed Ramsey yesterday

I think another issue is players have become too comfortable in their positions in the squad, we saw similar toward the end with Coleman. Connor Roberts has been dogshit for a while now but there's no question he'll start on Tuesday, he needs competition
    It's not just the likes of Ramsey

Bale , Williams and some quality up front

Page is doing his best but most of the team didn't turn up

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You can’t just blame the manager because a player as talented as Johnson produces his club form so rarely in international football.
    That's exactly why I blame the international manager. He's clearly doing something wrong with him

It is obvious that we have players who can get results, the Croatia home game was evidence of that.
    A good manager/coach would how to get the best from each of them in any given scenario and unfortunately Page is not that man.
    Re his ridiculously timed contract, we have gone for the cheap option once again.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not just the likes of Ramsey

Bale , Williams and some quality up front

Page is doing his best but most of the team didn't turn up
    Isn't it his job to get them to turn up?

There are times when you feel players can throw their coaches underneath the bus with their match performances and effort.

Wales yesterday did look half arsed but I'll put that down to the negative and lack of ambition they started the game.

That's down to the coaching staff.

We don’t deserve to be going to a major finals.
    Let’s be honest. The home game against Croatia aside we’ve been absolute dog shit this campaign.
    You seem to be correct on this occasion, sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Isn't it his job to get them to turn up?

There are times when you feel players can throw their coaches underneath the bus with their match performances and effort.

Wales yesterday did look half arsed but I'll put that down to the negative and lack of ambition they started the game.

That's down to the coaching staff.
    Armenia prove there are no mugs in international football these days

We don't have the squad we had in 2016

No manager can turn water into wine

I assume the new contract was 4 years in order to cover two campaigns. To give him 3 years wouldn't have made sense and 2 (for one campaign) a bit churlish.

Re: ARMENIA v WALES. Match thread

The golden era sadly is all over , the new lads are good but not as good as the Bales , Rambo 's , Ashley Williams .Joe Allen in their prime ,and it must be tough carrying the past success of other in your mind .

Folk say other teams this and that , reff's, Manager decision etc this is about Wales under performing and lacking real top end quality and the new breed are not able to deliver when it matters .

Dan James , Wilson are a shadow of their past , Moore well enough said about his obvious limitations , he is lucky he is Welsh ( oh hang On ? ) , if Sparky,Rush types were about ,he'd have to declare himself Maltese or from San Marino to get a gig.

Armenia prove there are no mugs in international football these days

We don't have the squad we had in 2016

No manager can turn water into wine
    Utter nonsense.

Armenia are ranked 95th in the world.

For a reason.

Last month they list to Latvia, ranked 132.

They outplayed us in both games due to the management.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You seem to be correct on this occasion, sad to say.
    Yawn

He's not the best but come on our side lacks an Ashley Williams, Ramsey , Bale etc
    What do you care? Why are you even involved in this thread?

As you’ve stated many times you don’t give a flying F about international football.

Utter nonsense.

For a reason.

7 defensive outfield players against the mighty Armenia. Because he didn’t want to change a winning team. Let’s be fair.

It’s not Aberfan SC, you didn’t play last game and we won so I can’t change it ffs. Horses for courses, we didn’t need to play the same team and tactics for Armenia that we did Croatia!!

He’s got to go. He’s so far out of his depth not even arm bands and a rubber ring can save him.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    That's exactly why I blame the international manager. He's clearly doing something wrong with him
    So you think a footballer’s ability can be turned on and off like a tap because of who his manager is?

So you think a footballer’s ability can be turned on and off like a tap because of who his manager is?
    Eh no? I think Page isn't getting the best out of him by a long way which is down to Page's tactics

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Eh no? I think Page isn't getting the best out of him by a long way which is down to Page's tactics
    Nice excuse to have for someone who should probably by our best player by now to have, my poor displays for my country are all down to the manager - Johnson’s not played well for Wales for about eighteen months, he should carry some responsibility for that.

Nice excuse to have for someone who should probably by our best player by now to have, my poor displays for my country are all down to the manager - Johnson’s not played well for Wales for about eighteen months, he should carry some responsibility for that.

Where do you believe Johnson most effective position is?

I would say he is an out-and-out inside forward, closer to a centre forward, than an attacking midfielder like Wilson, they are not like-for-like. Wilson could play 8 effectively, whilst Johnson could/has played "9".

Johnson should have been in line with Moore to be effective, but was 10 meters deeper. I doubt he did that on his own.

Oh dear

Utter nonsense.

For a reason.

Iceland did England

It was hilarious

It happens

What do you care? Why are you even involved in this thread?

As you’ve stated many times you don’t give a flying F about international football.
    Why are you on this message board you klutz

Go on Merthyr fc

I find it remarkable that some think that the first thing in a player’s mind when playing for Wales is whether or not they save the manager’s job. Shouldn’t their first thought be qualification for themselves, their families and the fans? I’m sure it is. Why is every game turned into a ‘manager’s future’ question by the media and some fans?

It was poetic, but do you think that all his managerial experience was underdog football, and didn't really have a clue (at that level) how to manage top sides expected to win nearly every game

Same as Page, no idea if it's not roll up your sleeves it's back to the wall boys stuff

Iceland did England

It was hilarious

It happens
    It was poetic, but do you think that all his managerial experience was underdog football, and didn't really have a clue (at that level) how to manage top sides expected to win nearly every game

Same as Page, no idea if it's not roll up your sleeves it's back to the wall boys stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I find it remarkable that some think that the first thing in a player’s mind when playing for Wales is whether or not they save the manager’s job. Shouldn’t their first thought be qualification for themselves, their families and the fans? I’m sure it is. Why is every game turned into a ‘manager’s future’ question by the media and some fans?
    Ridiculous expectations from the media and some of the fans

If page and the players he manages were world beaters he would be running one of the big 6 premier league clubs and the Welsh squad would all be players at those sort of clubs

Some of our fans sound like the entitled English types

If someone better than page comes along after he is hounded out then that's the way it goes

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle