+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: whats your favourite European country ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: whats your favourite European country ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Germany. Lovely clean country. good people.
    Same, lovely people, Berlin my favourite city

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Same, lovely people, Berlin my favourite city
    This always amuses me. My sister has lived in Berlin since 1978 and now even carries German citizenship, but she would say the locals tend to be brusque, borderline rude. Fantastic city though, agreed.

As a German speaker I'm very comfortable in Germany, but favourite non-British places in Europe (as opposed to favourite countries which I know is the question - but much harder!) would be west coast of Ireland, north west coast of Portugal/Spain and
    - my favourite place of all - Corsica.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    This always amuses me. My sister has lived in Berlin since 1978 and now even carries German citizenship, but she would say the locals tend to be brusque, borderline rude. Fantastic city though, agreed.

As a German speaker I'm very comfortable in Germany, but favourite non-British places in Europe (as opposed to favourite countries which I know is the question - but much harder!) would be west coast of Ireland, north west coast of Portugal/Spain and
    - my favourite place of all - Corsica.
    Haha fair enough. The ones that I met in the local German bars were very welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha fair enough. The ones that I met in the local German bars were very welcoming.
    To be honest that's been broadly my experience there too. It's just when you live and work there your realise that there are just as many miserable bastards around as anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    To be honest that's been broadly my experience there too. It's just when you live and work there your realise that there are just as many miserable bastards around as anywhere else
    Haha without a shadow of a doubt.