+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although I'd have usually had it by now and still haven't heard anything about having one this year yet, I've had a flu vaccination annually for close to a decade and I can definitely say that I don't give the flu a second thought after having had my yearly jab. My attitude towards Covid would change greatly if I was able to have the same sort of thing every year - I'm certainly not expecting any vaccine to be a case of have one and then you have protection for life, but I'm sure it would lead to a great deal more peace of mind for those of state pension age who aren't in the anti vaxxer camp.

Once the most vulnerable have protection, there is less urgency to vaccinate those who, statistically, are very unlikely to have serious, life threatening, symptoms and so those of, say, thirty and under who must be hating all of the restrictions to their lives which aren't really necessary on a personal level, will be able to get on with their lives again.
    Agree with most of that.

On a side im hearing from a local business who have been given a nudge pubs will shut 6pm next Friday and reopen Monday 9th November. So knocking 3 weekends of drinking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree with most of that.

On a side im hearing from a local business who have been given a nudge pubs will shut 6pm next Friday and reopen Monday 9th November. So knocking 3 weekends of drinking out.
    The supermarkets will be like Christmas then this week with people loading up.

The priority list for getting the COVID jab when available is as follows:

Older adults' resident in a care home and care home workers
    All those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers
    All those 75 years of age and over
    All those 70 years of age and over
    All those 65 years of age and over
    High-risk adults under 65 years of age
    Moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
    All those 60 years of age and over
    All those 55 years of age and over
    All those 50 years of age and over
    Rest of the population (priority to be determined)

It seems those most responsible for spreading the virus - students and the late night partiers in City Centres - don't even make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    The supermarkets will be like Christmas then this week with people loading up.
    And then getting pissed in each other's houses where they're more likely to spread the disease. Whoever is making up these rules has no idea how people behave in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    And then getting pissed in each other's houses where they're more likely to spread the disease. Whoever is making up these rules has no idea how people behave in the real world.
    Like boris, mogg And Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    They don't make the rules in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They don't make the rules in Wales.
    They do really, we get our budget from them at the end of the day

Maybe Johnson, Hancock and Cummings - just like the pub sign!

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/14/wirra...sign-13423981/

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m...-a4571141.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1041343.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree with most of that.

Tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Tragic.
    Yeah most are dead quiet anyway. I went inside (been to a few outside over the summer) a pub In Cardiff for the first time Since March last night, The Albany in Roath, quite a shock to see it how it was, most tables taken but so few tables there can’t have been more than 30/40 in the whole place. Surely that’s not viable....

Yeah most are dead quiet anyway. I went inside (been to a few outside over the summer) a pub In Cardiff for the first time Since March last night, The Albany in Roath, quite a shock to see it how it was, most tables taken but so few tables there can’t have been more than 30/40 in the whole place. Surely that’s not viable....
    Sorry but I was being sarcastic. It wouldn't affect me personally if the pubs (which don't serve meals) never opened again. Obviously it would be sad for the folk who work in such pubs but there it is.