+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback

Re: Professional footballer declares that he is gay

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Also why do you have to have a cultural reference to anything in particular to find anyone being basically spoken about as being among 'the worst of the worst' upsetting?
    do you think either of those mentioned in the song are the worst of the worst? I don't, hence the so has no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback View Post
    do you think either of those mentioned in the song are the worst of the worst? I don't, hence the so has no meaning to me.
    This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    This is the stupidest argument I've ever seen.
    really, you're the one who is inferring a great many things. if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much? you are the one who is placing one of those referenced in the song above the other.

really, you're the one who is inferring a great many things. if you truly believe all people are equal then why does this song affect you so much? you are the one who is placing one of those referenced in the song above the other.
    The song doesn't affect me one bit, I was giving an example of racism I'd heard of football that wasn't policed.

You are chatting absolute bollocks, like seriously the worst attempt at an argument and digging oneself out of a hole I've ever seen.

I suppose it isn't surprising since you initially thought I was saying the song was wrong because it was slagging off the English.

This ^ is an absolutely rubbish statement.

How I feel about either mentioned is irrelevant to understand how those singing it feel and what they intended to spew out into the world - it's wrong and it's disgusting to look the other way to those who may be affected by it - simply because you aren't one of them!

Feedback

This ^ is an absolutely rubbish statement.

How I feel about either mentioned is irrelevant to understand how those singing it feel and what they intended to spew out into the world - it's wrong and it's disgusting to look the other way to those who may be affected by it - simply because you aren't one of them!
    do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?

do you know the intentions of those singing the song? have you spoken to them and asked or are you making assumptions based on what you think may be the case?
    You aren't that dumb or green Toots

Why else would they be singing it?

Feedback

Why else would they be singing it?
    to wind up the opposition.

I doubt any city fan is friends with Harold Shipman, although given what you have written, you probably do given you take everything at face value.

I doubt any city fan is friends with Harold Shipman, although given what you have written, you probably do given you take everything at face value.
    And why would it wind anyone up if the song didn't imply that England were so bad that even wearing a turban was better?

Feedback

And why would it wind anyone up if the song didn't imply that England were so bad that even wearing a turban was better?
    I have no idea, I didn't come up with that literary masterpiece. ask the author.

Why do they do it - among affecting the opposition - be it fans, coaches and players for whatever reason they may be upset from it for - they want to show 1. they are the sort to open their mouths and say offensive things out loud, 2. they want to express a hatred of England and people they see as wearing turbans, 3. they have very little going on between their ears.

Feedback

Why do they do it - among affecting the opposition - be it fans, coaches and players for whatever reason they may be upset from it for - they want to show 1. they are the sort to open their mouths and say offensive things out loud, 2. they want to express a hatred of England and people they see as wearing turbans, 3. they have very little going on between their ears.
    do you think football fans believe in everything they sing?