+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Dual tactics, discredit the person who is under whistleblower protection (likely person already outed on the alt-right sites that pretend to care about the US Constitution) and to discourage others (presumably from saying how squeaky clean and perfect Trump is on other matters or things he may do in the future).

The first bit is a distraction as Trump appointed officials have already given first hand accounts which go further than the whistleblower statement. Indeed Trump and his Chief of Staff have confessed more than that, live on tv! Obviously there will be a few slavish acolytes that follow the distraction.

The second bit.. who knows. Can't remember too many campaigns being won by retreating ever further into a bunker but then again Twitter is a more recent innovation for the paranoid and cornered.
    The Russia thing never truly convinced me about 'collusion' but there were things that I thought constituted investigations (the Trump Tower meeting, Trump publicly asking Russia to hack Clinton's emails and Trump firing Comey after asking him to do him a favour), but this scandal seems to have a lot more going for it at the moment.

I won't get my hopes up until he's physically out of office though.

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The Russia thing never truly convinced me about 'collusion' but there were things that I thought constituted investigations (the Trump Tower meeting, Trump publicly asking Russia to hack Clinton's emails and Trump firing Comey after asking him to do him a favour), but this scandal seems to have a lot more going for it at the moment.

I won't get my hopes up until he's physically out of office though.
    Ultimately it comes down to whether the Republican Party wants to try and put the genie back in the bottle rather than the merits of whether Trump coercing a foreign government to dig dirt on who he perceives as his biggest rival is an impeachment offence or not. It's pretty unlikely at the moment that they will turn against him but there are a number of vulnerable Senators out there who will be watching voter reaction as more facts unfold.