+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Johnson copping a fair bit of flak about him being pictured at the COP 26 summit sat maskless next to ninety five year old Sir David Attenborough

https://news.sky.com/story/cop26-bor...rough-12458494

What struck me though was the line, which I’ve heard from Tory MPs as well about them not wearing a mask when they’re with someone they know. Unless the general public are being kept in the dark for some reason about official figures which back up what they say, I would have thought that it’s likely that a majority of those who have had Covid caught it from someone they knew.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Johnson copping a fair bit of flak about him being pictured at the COP 26 summit sat maskless next to ninety five year old Sir David Attenborough

https://news.sky.com/story/cop26-bor...rough-12458494

What struck me though was the line, which I’ve heard from Tory MPs as well about them not wearing a mask when they’re with someone they know. Unless the general public are being kept in the dark for some reason about official figures which back up what they say, I would have thought that it’s likely that a majority of those who have had Covid caught it from someone they knew.
    Poor old Boris always in the firing line. The Sky news item has three photos...One with Boris without whilst Sir David has one on, second both without, and then one with Boris wearing one and Sir David not. He can't win!!

Another thread on CCMB warns us not to be complacent, and whilst I see a lot of people without masks, too many for comfort, I see others pull a well worn disposable mask out of pocket or bag to put on before entering a shop. Such masks are intended for single use and certainly should be safely disposed of at the end of each day. They are unlikely to offer any benefit if used repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Poor old Boris always in the firing line. The Sky news item has three photos...One with Boris without whilst Sir David has one on, second both without, and then one with Boris wearing one and Sir David not. He can't win!!

Another thread warns us not to be complacent, and whilst I see a lot of people without masks, too many for comfort, I see others pull a well worn disposable mask out of pocket or bag to put on before entering a shop. Such masks are intended for single use and certainly should be safely disposed of at the end of each day. They are unlikely to offer any benefit if used repeatedly.
    My message was about the claims that you’re somehow less likely to catch Covid from someone you know and was not meant to be party political except that it does seem to be a more prevalent view on one side of the political divide than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My message was about the claims that you’re somehow less likely to catch Covid from someone you know and was not meant to be party political except that it does seem to be a more prevalent view on one side of the political divide than the other.
    The science indicates that if you are within a metre of someone with covid for more than 10 minutes then the risk of catching increases significantly. The chances are that such close and prolonged contact will be with someone you know.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post

Another thread on CCMB warns us not to be complacent, and whilst I see a lot of people without masks, too many for comfort, I see others pull a well worn disposable mask out of pocket or bag to put on before entering a shop. Such masks are intended for single use and certainly should be safely disposed of at the end of each day. They are unlikely to offer any benefit if used repeatedly.
    He’s the Prime Minister and as such should always be in the firing line. It goes with the territory, if he doesn’t like the heat he should get out of the kitchen.