+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition to try to stop the FA selling Wembley

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition to try to stop the FA selling Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Who ever wants to buy Wembley stadium would be doing the English FA a favor. Shockingly soulless stadium with no character, which was built for the cooperate sponsers with little thought about the fans. Probably the worst stadium I've been to for a football fans experience.... And it cost over a billion pound to build.... crazy. Doesn't come remotely close to the Cardiff national stadium, for a great day out experience
    It wasnt a soulless stadium when City took 35000 there and almost beat Liverpool in the Carling Cup final. Nor was it soulless when we beat Barnsley and lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup. The atmosphere in the ground and overall experience was excellent at all of them. If stadiums were graded by the quality of their surroundings then no one would ever go to any of them around the country. What National Stadium are you referring to in Cardiff ? - the one owned and run by the WRU, which is a Rugby ground in case you hadn't noticed and for many years the WRU wouldnt let football have anything to do with it, until they decided they needed the money that is. Wembley is a stadium that all players and most fans still aspire to go to, which says it all for me.

Re: Petition to try to stop the FA selling Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It wasnt a soulless stadium when City took 35000 there and almost beat Liverpool in the Carling Cup final. Nor was it soulless when we beat Barnsley and lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup. The atmosphere in the ground and overall experience was excellent at all of them. If stadiums were graded by the quality of their surroundings then no one would ever go to any of them around the country. What National Stadium are you referring to in Cardiff ? - the one owned and run by the WRU, which is a Rugby ground in case you hadn't noticed and for many years the WRU wouldnt let football have anything to do with it, until they decided they needed the money that is. Wembley is a stadium that all players and most fans still aspire to go to, which says it all for me.
    Will selling the stadium mean that the FA Cup, League Cup and Play Offs will, be played elsewhere?

Re- surroundings, every fan I've spoken to who attended the football Cup finals at the Welsh Rugby Stadium said it was a better experience than the ones they've attended at the new Wembley.