Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
I’m 69, been going down since 1959, Splott Parker is about 66, he’s been going since about 1964 (I think), I’ll speak for him, when I say “it was never Abertawe Town we cared/worried about” .
It was always Bristol city we detested, especially after what happened over there after a certain event in 1966 (no, it’s not the World Cup)
Can’t be sure, but I can’t see how you were a travelling away fan in the 60’s, not to know that
I'm 66 and you are dead right. It was always Bristol City never the Swans that we detested. I've never been a travelling supporter but I did go to Ashton Gate twice in the late 60's and happily we won on both occasions, 3-0 and 1-0 I believe.

My son started going down in the early 90's and for him it's most definitely a Swansea thing. He hates them with a passion.

I used to work with Arwel Thomas, the former Welsh rugby international and we had some good Cardiff-Swansea banter going on. Unfortunately for me this was at the time when the Swans were in the ascendency so he was quite merciless. He said that the trouble with Cardiff is that they have no balls and at the time he was dead right. Time for us to put things right methinks.