Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
I think you want starmer to win fairly well , at least

But I really see a troublesome run in ......made more difficult by last night's events .....and I think it's going to be a very marginal win overall .......and by that I mean winning the most seats not winning a majority

The people affected by tory policies deserve better but with the labour party and starmer are bust
I want Starmer to win primarily because the Tories have dragged politics so far into the gutter over the last few years that they need to go. There were always scandals and politicians that were in it for themselves but the near daily dog whistle shit stirring and blatant lying is on another level. No guarantees that will improve but I have a feeling it will.

It's a struggle to see what labour party you want sludge. From memory you hated Corbyn and both the 2017/19 manifestos, now you hate the fact that they have a strategy to not commit to policy (because it tends to get picked apart in the press). Struggling to see what you mean when you say that people deserve better.

My political preference is absolutely not clouding my judgement here, all evidence points towards a decent sized labour win and suggestions that the Rochdale result is a sign of some massive shift or problem for Starmer are misguided based on everything else we are seeing. People have been saying the polls will tighten for 2 years now, they haven't, and now the same people are clinging to tiny events as if they are huge in desperation.