+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR official and referee WTF

Re: VAR official and referee WTF

The only reason VAR seems to be used now is to find any tiny reason not to give a goal, it’s genuinely making the game worse.

It’s not even like football has that many clear and obvious errors anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The whole thing seems so pointless. The vast majority of the decisions are being reached merely on opinions and the offside rulings are farcical. It’s not making the game better in any respect, so why persist with it?

In most cases, VAR basically boils down to referees in studios either overruling the referees on the pitches or heavily influencing them based on nothing but their own opinions. It’s ridiculous. We were far better off when the opinions of the officials at the game were the only ones that mattered.
    Var has led to better decisions being made and improved the flow of games.

QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5184260]Var has improved the flow of games.[/QUOTE]

Really? Take today, the game was held up for quite a while, Man Utd celebrated, the question was raised about the ‘flick off’, VAR was looked at, then the ref went over to the pitchside monitor. Hardly improved the flow of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What happened to the "clear and obvious" bit? Someone had a goal disallowed yesterday for a hand or an elbow and even with the lines it looked level. Who decides whether it's clear and obvious? One person? More? Can the ref overrule the VAR decision?
    I believe the referee's decision is still final.

As you say, it has to be clear and obvious for the decision to be overturned.
    That's why I think the VAR person is gutless to not to have made the decision himself and bending the rule by putting it back in the referee's court so that he himself has change his original decision.
    The referee was weak today and should have stuck by his original decision. He got it wrong IMHO.

Anybody who has played the game at any level, or even watched the game "live" or without the benefit of TV and slow motion, would have said that the goal should have stood for the simple reason that Son was trying to cheat and got caught by the man he was trying to foul. Serves him right!

Unfortunately at the top level these days, common sense gets overruled by idiots using modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Var has led to better decisions being made and improved the flow of games.
    Well the goal that was disallowed today certainly wasn't one of them.

VAR has the potential to be a good thing but the way it is being used is where I see the problem.

Between the referee and the faceless VAR man, they took forever to reach the wrong decision

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really?
    No. I was taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No. I was taking the piss.
    Eric, your subtlety has no beginning

Eric, your subtlety has no beginning
    Too right!

QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5184260]Var has improved the flow of games.
    Really? Take today, the game was held up for quite a while, Man Utd celebrated, the question was raised about the ‘flick off’, VAR was looked at, then the ref went over to the pitchside monitor. Hardly improved the flow of the game.[/QUOTE]

VAR being absolutely useless hasn't been a shock but just how rubbish it is, is shocking. God it is rubbish. I can't watch PL games now, I immediately put the county cricket back on after that incident. Great run chase at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    OGS doing quite well now after a shaky start.
    yeah, although I think they're lucky to be in 2nd this time around, their performances don't really warrant that. if Chelsea hadn't stuck with Lampard for so long I suspect they'd be up there.
    the number of games man u have won from a losing position is very impressive, but probably not something you want to rely on long term, I doubt it is that repeatable.
    they're definitely improved since the previous manager though

What is their xG these days? I remember there was a point on his first good run where it looked like they were winning games they shouldn’t and then it did all go to shit.

Also Spurs aren’t adventurous enough under Jose and it really played into Man United’s hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What is their xG these days? I remember there was a point on his first good run where it looked like they were winning games they shouldn’t and then it did all go to shit.

Also Spurs aren’t adventurous enough under Jose and it really played into Man United’s hands.
    Jose has totally ****ed up spurs in the space of a couple of seasons.
    with each subsequent job he takes, his initial success is less and the amount of mess he leaves behind is more.
    the season before he joined spurs, they were champions League finalists and now they look set to miss out on European football and Harry kane might be buggering off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

they have outperformed xG this season, and Chelsea and Liverpool have underperformed. that only tells part of the story though. they are definitely improving under ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Jose has totally ****ed up spurs in the space of a couple of seasons.
    with each subsequent job he takes, his initial success is less and the amount of mess he leaves behind is more.
    the season before he joined spurs, they were champions League finalists and now they look set to miss out on European football and Harry kane might be buggering off too.
    I can't feel sorry for Spurs as Mourinho was given a king's ransom to buy players by Daniel Levy, this after he wouldn't give Pochettino a penny.

Poch's and Spurs's champions league final defeat was viewed as failure by his boss and he's getting exactly what he deserves.

It must be doubly hard to bear seeing rivals West Ham doing so well, spending very little to boot!

Looks like Mourinho's days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I can't feel sorry for Spurs as Mourinho was given a king's ransom to buy players by Daniel Levy, this after he wouldn't give Pochettino a penny.

Poch's and Spurs's champions league final defeat was viewed as failure by his boss and he's getting exactly what he deserves.

It must be doubly hard to bear seeing rivals West Ham doing so well, spending very little to boot!

Looks like Mourinho's days are numbered.
    surely that's Mourihnio finished at top level clubs? can't see any potential champion's league winners going for him now

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    surely that's Mourihnio finished at top level clubs? can't see any potential champion's league winners going for him now
    You'd have thought so but I honestly thought the same before Man United got him.

Strange how the layman can see it but owners can't.

He is good at deflecting blame though, so I can imagine him being very good when interviewed. His list of titles is impressive, even if they did cost the clubs a fortune!

Watch him go and beat Man City at Wembley then win the Charity shield

I think Mourinho and I like Spurs. But it's not working there is it? But they should finish above Arsenal which is what they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think Mourinho and I like Spurs. But it's not working there is it? But they should finish above Arsenal which is what they care about.
    I think you'll find that the rivalry between Spurs and West Ham is as fierce as it is with Spurs and Arsenal.

The Spurs fans will not be happy about what's happening at both clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Watch him go and beat Man City at Wembley then win the Charity shield
    Well they’re 25 points behind Man City, so winning the league is out of the question, to be involved in the next Charity Shield they’d have to ask nicely if they can be allowed back into the FA Cup

Well they’re 25 points behind Man City, so winning the league is out of the question, to be involved in the next Charity Shield they’d have to ask nicely if they can be allowed back into the FA Cup
    It's only feckin' Chelsea

It’s such a shame that VAR came on the scene too late for Bacon Face Ferguson. Can you imagine his reaction to some of the scenarios? Can picture him on the touch line yesterday waiting by the monitor when the ref was walking over to it, would have made great television.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    If that's all they cared about they wouldn't have fired Pochettino. This is something of a golden age for Spurs, and so far they're blowing it.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    The way I've looked at it is -
    Did McTominays hand hit Son in the face? In my opinion it did.
    If an opponents hand hits a player in the face, is it a foul? Again, in my opinion it is.
    The end of one finger brushed his face ffs
    It was an awful decision
    Son should be ashamed fir staying down so long