+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Josh Murphy to Preston on a season long loan

Re: Confirmed: Josh Murphy to Preston on a season long loan

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Go on then. Find a link with info about Madine's loan fee. You're the one claiming it.

I could imagine you as a lawyer...."Yes, the defendant did kill the man. How do I know that? Because I do. It's up to you to prove he didn't"....
    No it isn't. I don't have to prove anything. TLG brought it up earlier in this thread and stated it was fact that no loan fee or bonus was paid. I have told you my side - let him prove the opposite (he cant by the way).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So, you cant prove that City didn't get a loan fee for Madine.
    There is only one person who has ever claimed that City got a 'large loan fee' from Sheffield United for Gary Madine. That person is you. You did so in a hopeless bid to defend the transfer fee that Neil Warnock paid Bolton for Madine. You've been asked by several people on a number of occasions to provide links to any press reports which mention this supposed 'large loan fee' paid by Sheffield United, but you've been unable to do so. Instead, you're now asking me to prove Sheffield didn't pay a 'large loan fee' for Madine - something that was clearly a figment of your imagination in the first place.

I'd like to turn the tables a little if I may make so bold. I understand from relatives who live on the south coast that Cardiff City paid an enormous loan fee to Bournemouth for Brad Smith in January 2020. Prove they didn't.

😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There is only one person who has ever claimed that City got a 'large loan fee' from Sheffield United for Gary Madine. That person is you. You did so in a hopeless bid to defend the transfer fee that Neil Warnock paid Bolton for Madine. You've been asked by several people on a number of occasions to provide links to any press reports which mention this supposed 'large loan fee' paid by Sheffield United, but you've been unable to do so. Instead, you're now asking me to prove Sheffield didn't pay a 'large loan fee' for Madine - something that was clearly a figment of your imagination in the first place.

I'd like to turn the tables a little if I may make so bold. I understand from relatives who live on the south coast that Cardiff City paid an enormous loan fee to Bournemouth for Brad Smith in January 2020. Prove they didn't.
    I have no idea if a loan fee was paid, enormous or otherwise, for Brad Smith and have no interest whether one was or not. You are the one who appears obsessed with Gary Madine and keep raising it. Your petty obsession with asking people to provide links to approve or disprove things is rather odd, as is your obsession with denigrating anything to do with Cardiff City. You are the one who hijacked this thread relating to Josh Murphy, merely because I pointed out to another poster that we have probably got a loan fee for him. You stick your nose into other peoples conversations constantly, trying to make yourself look clever and failing miserably every time. You are just a sad old ex Cardiff City fan who cant bear the fact that City have been successful ever since Tan took over and you got the hump. Some of your comments about him are borderline racist. You need to wind your neck in.

transfermarkt seems to think we paid a loan fee of about £1m for Harry Wilson last season, which I can believe

I have no idea if a loan fee was paid, enormous or otherwise, for Brad Smith and have no interest whether one was or not. You are the one who appears obsessed with Gary Madine and keep raising it. Your petty obsession with asking people to provide links to approve or disprove things is rather odd, as is your obsession with denigrating anything to do with Cardiff City. You are the one who hijacked this thread relating to Josh Murphy, merely because I pointed out to another poster that we have probably got a loan fee for him. You stick your nose into other peoples conversations constantly, trying to make yourself look clever and failing miserably every time. You are just a sad old ex Cardiff City fan who cant bear the fact that City have been successful ever since Tan took over and you got the hump. Some of your comments about him are borderline racist. You need to wind your neck in.
    Have I upset you?

Quote from an online media interview with Neil Warnock in January 2019, relating to Gary Madine’s loan move to Sheffield United - took me all of 2 minutes to find - read it and weep TLG and Mr half a bee - now who is the idiot.

”They create a lot of chances do Sheffield, and I’ve said to him: ‘go and get my old club up and get them promoted’.

”He’s felt such a heavy load on his head here, starting with missing a penalty but sometimes it’s good to wipe the slate clean.

“Financially it’s very good for us as well, everything is fully paid up and there are incentives for them going up as well.”

Come on then, what are you waiting for ? Cat got your tongue ?

Come on then, what are you waiting for ? Cat got your tongue ?
    I say, old chap - I see no mention of a large loan fee. Do you have a link to this interview so I can see if I can find any mention of it? Thanks awfully.

I say, old chap - I see no mention of a large loan fee. Do you have a link to this interview so I can see if I can find any mention of it? Thanks awfully.
    Hang on, so now you think that I have typed out a fake interview by Neil Warnock to make it look like we got money in for Madine ? !!. For the last two and a half years you have been trying to ridicule me for daring to suggest that anyone in their right minds would hand any money over to City for the over priced waste of space (your opinion) that was Gary Madine. Now that is is patently wrong (they paid all his wages, plus a loan fee, plus a promotion bonus which in total amounted to a ‘large amount of money’ and probably well in excess of £1m, which is what I said in the first place) and yet you still wriggle around and try to deflect any flak from yourself by pedantically playing with words and trying to be clever. As I said before - jog on and get a life.
    https://www.dai-sport.com/football-c...ffield-united/

Hang on…..
    So no mention of a large loan fee, then?

So no mention of a large loan fee, then?
    You don’t like being proved wrong, do you. Makes you look and feel particularly stupid doesn't it, after all this time lording it over this board and its members. FACT - we got over £1m from Sheffield United for Gary Madine’s loan.

You don’t like being proved wrong, do you. Makes you look and feel particularly stupid doesn't it, after all this time lording it over this board and its members. FACT - we got over £1m from Sheffield United for Gary Madine’s loan.
    Really? FACT, huh? As the great man himself once said, prove it.

😉

I doubt very much whether there was a loan fee for Murphy and it is highly likely we will be picking up the majority of his wages.

Here’s the article;-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nited-15629066

The only quotes relating to finance are from Neil Warnock.

No mention of loan fees, large or otherwise, in these;-

https://www.footballparadise.com/she...-from-cardiff/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46786641

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-cardiff-city

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...effield-united

Seems to me that unless the loan fee we got from Sheffield United was more than £6 million, he still was a terrible buy by Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here’s the article;-

Seems to me that unless the loan fee we got from Sheffield United was more than £6 million, he still was a terrible buy by Warnock.
    of course it was a terrible buy, it was obvious at the time. an awful signing.
    comfortably the worst purchase we've ever made which is saying something

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here’s the article;-

Not quite sure why you feel the need to get involved but anyway I have already provided the link, as above, where Warnock clearly states the financial situation relating to Madine’s loan move which includes incentives relating to the deal. The full figures were ‘undisclosed’ presumably because both clubs wanted to keep them quiet. My relatives in Yorkshire have indicated that the the incentive payment was around £500000 if United went up (which they did) and on top of that there were his wages, probably more than £20000 a week, which were paid in full. A loan fee was also paid but that figure has never been released. Warnock stated that the deal was financially lucrative for City. My issue with TLG is that he has always ridiculed that we got anything for Madine and will continue to do so. I have never stated that we got £6m loan fee for Madine but I do feel that his original transfer fee was good value, bearing in mind he helped us get up in 2018 and at the time we were in desperate need of a striker and £6m was the going rate in the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I doubt very much whether there was a loan fee for Murphy and it is highly likely we will be picking up the majority of his wages.
    50%.

Not quite sure why you feel the need to get involved but anyway I have already provided the link, as above, where Warnock clearly states the financial situation relating to Madine’s loan move which includes incentives relating to the deal. The full figures were ‘undisclosed’ presumably because both clubs wanted to keep them quiet. My relatives in Yorkshire have indicated that the the incentive payment was around £500000 if United went up (which they did) and on top of that there were his wages, probably more than £20000 a week, which were paid in full. A loan fee was also paid but that figure has never been released. Warnock stated that the deal was financially lucrative for City. My issue with TLG is that he has always ridiculed that we got anything for Madine and will continue to do so. I have never stated that we got £6m loan fee for Madine but I do feel that his original transfer fee was good value, bearing in mind he helped us get up in 2018 and at the time we were in desperate need of a striker and £6m was the going rate in the January window.
    Probably feels the need to get involved because over the years since and the multiple times it's come up you've never actually proven it and often slope off hoping it falls off the page... Until it pops back up again and you still can't prove it.

As the man who spent all of that money on someone who turned out to be a dud st City, Warnock would try to make the terms Madine went to Sheffield United under sound as attractive as possible wouldn’t he.

Your last sentence rather says it all about the way you come at things. If some other Championship side had paid £6 million for a striker who never scored a goal in the twenty six appearances (and that’s only league matches) he made for them and missed a penalty in a top of the table game with the eventual Champions, you wouldn’t be saying “ah, but he got an assist at Sheffield United” about him, you’d be laying into the player and the team daft enough to pay all that money for him.

The only way Gary Madine’s signing represented “good value” is if you truly believe we wouldn’t have gone up if we hadn’t signed him - apart from that one, valuable, assist at Bramell Lane, Madine contributed nothing towards our promotion.

My issue with TLG is that he has always ridiculed that we got anything for Madine and will continue to do so.
    Not quite. I have always ridiculed your claim that City got a ‘large loan fee’ for Gary Madine that you have previously suggested was well in excess of £1 million.

I note you are now stating the loan fee figure (should one exist) has never been released, which differs somewhat from your previous claims

Fair play to dml here.

He seems to have knowledge of a loan fee for Madine that the press (or anybody else) couldn't get hold of, knows that 50% of Josh Murphy's wages are being paid by Preston and his relatives know exactly how much the bonus was that Sheffield United paid.

Hats off to the lad. He's got his finger on the pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Fair play to dml here.

He seems to have knowledge of a loan fee for Madine that the press (or anybody else) couldn't get hold of, knows that 50% of Josh Murphy's wages are being paid by Preston and his relatives know exactly how much the bonus was that Sheffield United paid.

Hats off to the lad. He's got his finger on the pulse.

I'm quite happy to see him loaned out as his patchy form could easily be at least emulated by one of the youngsters Harris, Colwill even Taz Mayembe.

It's so satisfying seeing youngsters progressing and getting game time. I also don't think there's a magic formulae to some of the clubs known to be a hot bed of producing youngsters - I think circumstance and finances forced them to play them - and that's the only way they are going to improve - getting first team football with better more experienced pros.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I'm quite happy to see him loaned out as his patchy form could easily be at least emulated by one of the youngsters Harris, Colwill even Taz Mayembe.

It's so satisfying seeing youngsters progressing and getting game time. I also don't think there's a magic formulae to some of the clubs known to be a hot bed of producing youngsters - I think circumstance and finances forced them to play them - and that's the only way they are going to improve - getting first team football with better more experienced pros.
    Absolutely , and if this means a year or two as just a top 10 side whilst they progress surely that is the best route for us in these challenging times .