+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Eluned Morgan , Next Labour Leader In Wales , I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who are the 'Many' that see Drakeford as 'Out Of Touch' and 'Old School' I'm not saying that people don't feel that way, But who are the 'Many' You must speak to thousands of people.
    You just have to browse social media , you will see that is the impression , even among Labour voters

Even on here he's been called duckford , dickford

He's no leader , might be a nice bloke but he's no leader like Carwyn Jones was

You can gauge peoples opinions on the Internet and multi media far quicker than talking to people in the street

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You just have to browse social media , you will see that is the impression , even among Labour voters

You can gauge peoples opinions on the Internet and multi media far quicker than talking to people in the street
    So Facebook and Bluetit on here. Cheers for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

As far as I can recall that was known when he was voted in. His strengths were that he is one of the most intelligent people in the Senedd and knowledgeable about his brief.

What is Drakefordism? — Liz Silversmith: https://hiraethblogcymru.medium.com/...h-9fb73a1a3d21

1) Government as a force for good (further explanation for each point discussed in the link)
    2) Universal rather than mean-tested services
    3) Cooperation is better than competition
    4) Improve the collective voice, not individual choice
    5) Service users and service providers are engaged in a joint enterprise with high trust, not merely servers and recipients
    6) And finally, pursuing the equality of outcome rather than the equality of opportunity

Mark ends his pamphlet on a prophetic note: that “the environmental dimension of a more equal Wales will have to move more centre stage”. This was back in 2008, before Extinction Rebellion; before the more urgent warnings from the UN; before we accepted — even if scientists had been warning for years — that the nature crisis and the climate crisis will engulf us all unless we do something about it.

Ever the professor, ever the forward-thinker, he is both the architect of clear red water and the inventor of Drakefordism.
    Most criticism hasn't focused on who he is, what he believes or the choices he's lead. Sometimes that has worked in his favour and sometimes it has not, but isn't the plan for him to step down within the next term as happened when he took over the role? Deciding to vote Labour or not on basis of Drakeford is only relevant for short term.