+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the power of the media. It's got everything to do with the way in which British culture is intertwined with American culture, and has been for centuries.
    He clearly mentioned the BBC and mainstream newspapers, and that is where most people get their information that informs their opinions and view of the world..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I know. Crazy isn't it the way the main stream media (and all the other media) concentrate on stuff like Presidential corruption, a virus pandemic that has killed over 100,000 Americans and almost overwhelmed the New York health system and country-wide protests at systemic racism. Even crazier that other countries' media cover the story too. It's not as if the USA is the most powerful country in the world, home of the world's biggest nuclear arsenal and the world's reserve currency, is it?

At least we've got you to balance things up. We now know that Covid 19 is a Democrat hoax, that the George Floyd protests are just a cover for the anarchist/arsonist wing of the Antifa movement to trash the HQ of Trump loving CNN, and that the police who politely cleared the way for Trump's photo opportunity were using nothing but tickling sticks and air freshener. Oh yes, and the driver of the fuel truck that was accelerating towards the bridge full of peaceful protesters was just testing his brakes!
    You were one of the main people on here pushing the Russia collusion hoax, so where were you getting your information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You were one of the main people on here pushing the Russia collusion hoax, so where were you getting your information from?
    What collusion are you talking about ?, I see no one else talking about that on here only you, collusion is typically a two way thing, I don't see that with the Yanks and the Ruskies, I just see the Ruskies manipulating the hapless Yanks by running rings around them.

He clearly mentioned the BBC and mainstream newspapers, and that is where most people get their information that informs their opinions and view of the world..
    Yes pro Conservative party, pro Israel, pro the union state, pro the Monarchy, pro business over trade unions etc etc
    Welsh based experts did a study on the Beeb and few years ago and their findings were no surprise at all to me, to a lot of sheeple yes but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    What collusion are you talking about ?, I see no one else talking about that on here only you, collusion is typically a two way thing, I don't see that with the Yanks and the Ruskies, I just see the Ruskies manipulating the hapless Yanks by running rings around them.
    Specifically the FBI Operation Crossfire Hurricane and the subsequent Mueller investigation. Jon's understanding of the situation matched what the major news outlets were putting out, which was essentially a false narrative.

Most people? That's debatable, but for the sake of argument let's say it's true. It still wasn't the question he asked, which was: "Why does no-one - least of all footballers, celebrities, the BBC, some mainstream newspapers..... protest against the Chinese."

He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all. I believe it has far more to do with shared history, culture and identity.

Most people? That's debatable, but for the sake of argument let's say it's true. It still wasn't the question he asked, which was: "Why does no-one - least of all footballers, celebrities, the BBC, some mainstream newspapers..... protest against the Chinese."

He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all. I believe it has far more to do with shared history, culture and identity.
    jon1959 is a smart guy. If the power of the media doesn't exist, where did jon get his narrative from, and why does it match the false narrative that the mainstream media are promoting?

Specifically the FBI Operation Crossfire Hurricane and the subsequent Mueller investigation. Jon's understanding of the situation matched what the major news outlets were putting out, which was essentially a false narrative.
    What collision between the American state and Russia ?
    Are you saying the FBI organisation is working for Russia ?
    The Russians have whipped the Yanks arses, as regards espionage the Russians have manipulated and out manoeuvred the Yanks.

What collision between the American state and Russia ?
    Are you saying the FBI organisation is working for Russia ?
    The Russians have whipped the Yanks arses, as regards espionage the Russians have manipulated and out manoeuvred the Yanks.
    No, they were working internally to sabotage the Trump presidency, although a few foreign allies did help out (not Russia).

No, they were working internally to sabotage the Trump presidency, although a few foreign allies did help out (not Russia).
    That is an arse kicking for the Yanks dished out by the Russians, not collusion.
    An example closer to home was the UK state collusion with Paramilitary gangs in Ireland, that is not the case in the States, the Russians just outsmarted the Yanks.

jon1959 is a smart guy. If the power of the media doesn't exist, where did jon get his narrative from, and why does it match the false narrative that the mainstream media are promoting?
    Who said 'the power of the media' doesn't exist? I certainly didn't.

Who said 'the power of the media' doesn't exist? I certainly didn't.
    You wrote ... He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all.

So where are people getting all of their false information from?

You wrote ... He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems you either can't understand plain English or you're desperately trying to frame my responses to Monkfish as being something they weren't. I didn't mention information, false or otherwise, and I didn't suggest the media isn't powerful either. It obviously is. However, I don't believe that has any relevance to the question asked.

Banned

Probably a different place to where you get all the truthful information.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Probably a different place to where you get all the truthful information.
    There is a group of 5 or 6 people on here who have been posting knowingly wrong information for the past 3 years, and it was obviously all coming from the news media.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems you either can't understand plain English or you're desperately trying to frame my responses to Monkfish as being something they weren't. I didn't mention information, false or otherwise, and I didn't suggest the media isn't powerful either. It obviously is. However, I don't believe that has any relevance to the question asked.
    Yeah, best to stay out of it, it's obviously over your head.

Yeah, best to stay out of it, it's obviously over your head.
    You're quite amusing in a your own way. You genuinely seem to believe you're highly intelligent, but time and time again your own posts betray you and clearly demonstrate that in fact you're pretty stupid. That's obvious from this thread alone, in which one of your first responses was not to answer the question, but to answer what you wanted the question to be so it would fit with your world view.

People in the UK are not failing to protest about Chinese breaches of human rights because, and I quote: "the media are focussing on the event that they hope will end Trump's presidency." The brutal truth of the matter is that the British public are not protesting about Chinese breaches of human rights because they don't care enough about what's happening in China.

There isn't a more racist country in the world than china..imo
    They recently hounded and rejected a whole black community that was working in china and blaming them for the spread of the virus.
    We look in the other direction because we want all our cheap goodies from china.that now produce everything at half the price.

There's been wall to wall TV coverage of the George Floyd protests for a week now. Yet there were also protests in France and some other countries for a year by the Gilet Jaune with tens of thousands protesting each weekend sometimes in the hundreds of thousands (high numbers injured and some deaths) ,yet virtually no TV coverage. Strange that innit? I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatealiens2 View Post
    There's been wall to wall TV coverage of the George Floyd protests for a week now. Yet there were also protests in France and some other countries for a year by the Gilet Jaune with tens of thousands protesting each weekend sometimes in the hundreds of thousands (high numbers injured and some deaths) ,yet virtually no TV coverage. Strange that innit? I wonder why?
    Virtually no TV coverage? Are you serious?!?

The 'Yellow Vest' protests?
    They were a regular feature of TV coverage.

Virtually no TV coverage? Are you serious?!?
    By comparison yes. If you were to ask the ordinary man in the street if they knew anything about Gilet Jaune most would say they have never heard of it. There was plenty of stuff on the internet about Gilet Jaune much of it since removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    The 'Yellow Vest' protests?
    They were a regular feature of TV coverage.
    I watched a lot of the Gilet Jaune live coverage on Ruptly because there was naff all on MSM at the time.

Yes many observers noted the lack of main stream coverage over the yellow vest riots, in this country and in many cases across the World including France.
    My guess is it was a populist uprising, not just left wing and the powers that be are right wing and they don't want to show right wing protests against right wing neoliberal capitalist Governments.
    They will show protests in Hong Kong against communist China mind you.

Yes many observers noted the lack of main stream coverage over the yellow vest riots, in this country and in many cases across the World including France.
    My guess is it was a populist uprising, not just left wing and the powers that be are right wing and they don't want to show right wing protests against right wing neoliberal capitalist Governments.
    They will show protests in Hong Kong against communist China mind you.
    Many people would be surprised to hear there were 1900 injuries during the french protests including 24 eyes lost and five hands removed among other horrific injuries and even some deaths although there is some argument whether those deaths were directly attributed to the protests. I guess what I'm trying to say is that by comparison there is a huge disparity in TV coverage between the American and French protests and I am posing the question why that would be the case? Makes no sense to me. Which is why I now prefer to do my own research rather than watch distorted TV coverage.